Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, LV said:

I think Supertoon’s 3-4-3 makes more sense 

Yeah, like Supertoon said I think we are matching up with the way Brentford setup.

Clark being our only left footed centre-back also makes sense for his inclusion in that left sided centre-back role.

Howe used this setup at times with Bournemouth so no surprise we've lined up this way against a team with a 3 at the back formation.

Excited for this and really looking forward to it.

5 minutes ago, Sifu said:

I'd forgotten how strenuous it is walking up those stairs to L7 :lol:

Regarding the line up, wouldn't have Clark in there but will trust that Howe will have them set up fine :thup:

Howe likes having a left footed centre back in there as he did with Ake and then Lloyd Kelly after him when at Bournemouth, so Clark being in there makes sense. Think the balance of that back 3 looks good.

Just now, Joey47 said:

I think they'll be playing like Aldi versions of Reece James and Chilwell in Tuchels 3-4-3 [emoji38]

Tbf this is just my assumption as Howe started to favour the 3-4-3 towards the end of his Bournemouth reign. Anything is possible I guess.

Happy to see Schar back in the lineup. But no DM worries me, visions of a porous and non-existent midfield from Bruce era are hard to shake off, and that was when we were starting Hayden. It feels pretty naked now in the middle. Let’s hope I’m wrong. 

Howay the lads! 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Was all about giving players a clean slate until I saw Clark in the first 11 [emoji38]

Who on earth should be playing there instead then? 

Really don't get the complaining over these players at this point. It's who we have until January, and it's very clear the last manager was doing the absolute minimal in any kind of preparation each week.

Fully prepared to see what they can all show under the new boss, without worrying about what has gone on previously.

5 minutes ago, Cronky said:

If so, I'm worried. Not much protection for the defence. I'd prefer Schar as DM and a 4-4-2.

We're not going to be sat in our box all game defending anymore.

Murphy and Ritchie are going to be causing more problems for the opposition at the other end of the pitch.