Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Happy to see Schar back in the lineup. But no DM worries me, visions of a porous and non-existent midfield from Bruce era are hard to shake off, and that was when we were starting Hayden. It feels pretty naked now in the middle. Let’s hope I’m wrong. 

Howay the lads! 

It's a brave approach, and the extra centre-back allows for it more to some extent.

I also imagine Shelvey has been better drilled to hold his position and not go chasing after people he cannot catch, who then just skip by him.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Who on earth should be playing there instead then? 

Really don't get the complaining over these players at this point. It's who we have until January, and it's very clear the last manager was doing the absolute minimal in any kind of preparation each week.

Fully prepared to see what they can all show under the new boss, without worrying about what has gone on previously.

I was half joking but I feel like Clark has been costing us goals for the longest time. I hope he improves under Howe. 

7 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

In FM terms, something like this I reckon

fm.jpg

Ritchie will be on the left and Murphy on the right, looks like you left Lewis in there by accident.

Also I imagine Shelvey's role would be DLP (Defend) rather than support.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I was half joking but I feel like Clark has been costing us goals for the longest time. I hope he improves under Howe. 

Ah, right. Fair enough :thup:

Yeah, I just feel like the whole thing was a mess before from top to bottom, and so just excited to see how the team comes along under a completely new direction now.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Brentford are out of form and the crowd will be buzzing, it’s clear the players will have been told to get right at them.

Yep, Howe will have directed them to go straight at Brentford.