Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 20/11/21 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Couldn't care less who our starting 11 is. I'm comfortable in the knowledge that Eddie knows his stuff and has his reasons.

I'm so excited to see how we attempt to play.

Can he change it just like that though? I think it will take time , we just need organising and some results , the rest in time will come but I get what you mean . Subtle differences we may see. 

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

Can he change it just like that though? I think it will take time , we just need organising and some results , the rest in time will come but I get what you mean . Subtle differences we may see. 

There's nowt subtle about going from backs to the wall, counter attacking turgidness, to all out Eddieball. There can't be a half way house IMO, as they are polar opposites.

It might not work, for sure but he will 100% commit to it. Let's hope the players can implement enough of that style to get a win.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

There's nowt subtle about going from backs to the wall, counter attacking turgidness, to all out Eddieball. There can't be a half way house IMO, as they are polar opposites.

It might not work, for sure but he will 100% commit to it. Let's hope the players can implement enough of that style to get a win.

im fascinated to see what he does with Joelinton, there’s something in there , middle of the park is crucial that we improve as so far this season we’ve offered nothing . 

Shelvey is a twat but again will EH use him ? Fascinating.

This will be a tricky game, Brentford will be up for it. Nothing's more exciting for a small club like Brentford than beating the "richest" club the world in their sold-out stadium.

I trust Howe, as he alluded to in his interviews, will try to take the pressure off the players by going full on attack from the get go to score an early goal. After that, it will be up to the players to manage their energy and concentration levels throughout the game while they have the score advantage.

I predict a 2-1 win.

Darlow

Manquillo Lascelles Fernandez Ritchie

Saint-Max Hayden Shelvey Fraser

Joelinton

Wilson

SUBS: Dubravka, Krafth, Schar, Lewis, Murphy, Willock, Longstaff, Almiron, Gayle

Think that’s the best/most balanced team we could play that excludes all of the internationals. Also get the feeling Howe will prefer to use the players he’s had available to him for the full two weeks, which is fair enough.

Home win.

23 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant wait til the meltdown when it's 5 at the back including krafth and Clark again 👀

Tbh it might well be , like Benitez worked with some shite players however he made them better.A coach is there to improve them so whatever team he puts out I’m not going to “meltdown “ as you say because I trust the boss.

Thats the difference between EH and Bruce .

1 hour ago, GWN said:

im fascinated to see what he does with Joelinton, there’s something in there , middle of the park is crucial that we improve as so far this season we’ve offered nothing . 

The new Josh King.

4 hours ago, GWN said:

I think he will because of not having the players who are away on intl break.

4-1-4-1. Shelvey as the 1 in front of the defence as the player to pass out in the middle, Hayden and Willock in front of him, willock to support Wilson at every opportunity with other support from the  alternate wide players when the ball is on the opposite wing. 

It'll change again for Arsenal when he's had a chance to work with those who've been away.

Think we will win this, there will be a better starting 11 that makes sense and has a plan, the atmosphere will be absolutely electric and the players will want to try and put on a show.

I think even after only 2 weeks of training we will look completely different, whether it all clicks and looks pretty straight away is another story but I don't expect to see the sitting deep, backs to the wall scared to move the ball around shite.

Been a long, long time since I've been this invested and this excited for a match, it feels like a big part of my life is back and it feels so good!

10 minutes ago, hakka said:

Joelinton to turn in to peak form Adriano for this game please. :lol:

You know he might. Bruce was proud of the fact he didn't do tactics, which means this lad had been given zero instruction as to what is expected of him. He gets the ball and has to look to see what the situation is. If he gets the ball in full knowledge of 2 or 3 available options he might be a lot more instinctive.