How would you rank the current PL Managers?

It’s not so linear. Some clubs suit some managers better than others. 

Eg Poch would be a great Everton manager. Better than Ancelotti was. But I’m certain Ancelotti would do a better job at PSG than Poch is doing.  

I think Klopp and Liverpool is a perfect fit.  Dyche at Burnley also perfect. 

upper mid table I have Vieira and Palace.  Right club manager and time. Rodgers too. 

lower mid table I have Benitez.  Benitez as we’ve seen is a bad performance away from boos despite being a good fit otherwise.  That’s a cloud over his reign and I can’t see it changing any time soon.  

1) Pep Guardiola

2) Marcelo Bielsa

3) Jurgen Klopp

4) Thomas Tuchel

5) Antonio Conte

6) Rafa Benitez

7) Eddie Howe

8) Claudio Ranieri

9) OGS

10) Brendan Rodgers

11) Patrick Viera

12) David Moyes

13) Mikel Arteta

14) Thomas Frank

15) Ralph Hasenhuttel

16) Graham Potter

17) Bruno Lage

18) Sean Dyche

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s not so linear. Some clubs suit some managers better than others. 

Eg Poch would be a great Everton manager. Better than Ancelotti was. But I’m certain Ancelotti would do a better job at PSG than Poch is doing.  

I think Klopp and Liverpool is a perfect fit.  Dyche at Burnley also perfect. 

upper mid table I have Vieira and Palace.  Right club manager and time. Rodgers too. 

lower mid table I have Benitez.  Benitez as we’ve seen is a bad performance away from boos despite being a good fit otherwise.  That’s a cloud over his reign and I can’t see it changing any time soon.  

Yeah, proper 'how long's a piece of string?' stuff imo.

5 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

1) Pep Guardiola

2) Marcelo Bielsa

3) Jurgen Klopp

4) Thomas Tuchel

5) Antonio Conte

6) Rafa Benitez

7) Eddie Howe

8) Claudio Ranieri

9) OGS

10) Brendan Rodgers

11) Patrick Viera

12) David Moyes

13) Mikel Arteta

14) Thomas Frank

15) Ralph Hasenhuttel

16) Graham Potter

17) Bruno Lage

18) Sean Dyche

Cupace20211107194916.png

I’ve noticed people really rate Hassenhuttel on here, and in the past I can see why, but overall I don’t think he’s done that great a job at Southampton. They’ve been on the wrong end of 9 goal defeats twice and are near the bottom of the table each year.

Am I missing something?

1) Antonio Conte

2) Jurgen Klopp

3) Pep Guardiola

4) Thomas Tuchel

5) Rafa Benitez

6) Marcelo Bielsa

7) Brendan Rodgers

8) David Moyes

9) Eddie Howe

10) Sean Dyche

11) OGS

Have to be honest and say that I can only really rank the managers I know or have watched enough to make a proper judgement on and most of it's to do with the type of football I like to watch really.

Edited by kisearch

31 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

OGS ahead of Brendan Rodgers (despite me slagging him off in another thread), is possibly the funniest thing I’ve read on here in a long time.

OGS anywhere but 20th is mad.

2 minutes ago, buzz said:

OGS anywhere but 20th is mad.

That's the thing though....the man u job disguises everything if they're not in the top two for most of the time. Problem is they can't rely on reputation to get that high up anymore. They've chewed through a few very good managers since Ferguson left..but he left a legacy which would be virtually impossible to follow now

13 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I’ve noticed people really rate Hassenhuttel on here, and in the past I can see why, but overall I don’t think he’s done that great a job at Southampton. They’ve been on the wrong end of 9 goal defeats twice and are near the bottom of the table each year.

Am I missing something?

Their squad sucks and he is setting them up to get more out of it than you'd expect.

The only players from the team that won against Villa this week I'd have here is Ward-Prowse and the full backs.

35 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Bro :lol: 

Both made their bones in the Scandinavian league with no-mark clubs, one brought them trophies and European nights and has the third best win ratio of Man Utd managers in their history - the other has had a few good games with Brighton and did well in the Swedish league and is one of two managers in history to hold a lower win percentage in the PL than Steve Bruce :dontknow: 

Edited by Kaizero

41 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

That's the thing though....the man u job disguises everything if they're not in the top two for most of the time. Problem is they can't rely on reputation to get that high up anymore. They've chewed through a few very good managers since Ferguson left..but he left a legacy which would be virtually impossible to follow now

OGS is the only who's followed not to win a trophy isn't he? Mad that Neville keeps repeating Mourinho was a failure there despite winning three trophies and having a win record far better than OGS who he refuses to criticise.

It's hard to pick the best but he's ealiy the worst I reckon. 

12 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

OGS is the only who's followed not to win a trophy isn't he? Mad that Neville keeps repeating Mourinho was a failure there despite winning three trophies and having a win record far better than OGS who he refuses to criticise.

It's hard to pick the best but he's ealiy the worst I reckon. 

With a far inferior squad.

49 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

“Did well in the Swedish league” :lol: not underselling that at all like. They beat Arsenal in Europe. Is that not “European nights”? Took them from the 4th tier to the 1st, won a cup and got them in Europe. Insane post lol. 

It's a comment on how people are discounting what OGS did in Norwaty, taking a team that's never won the league in their history to becoming the powerhouse in the country for a decade. It's like if Dundee had dethroned Celtic. Finished top of their league in the EL ahead of Celtic, Fenerbache and Ajax. If you praise Potter as being a good manager for his Swedish record, you should do the same for OGS. That's the argument. You can't praise one manager for his feats in a "shit tier" league and trash the other when that person's feats objectively are better. 

Not saying OGS should have been given the Man Utd gig at all based on his record. Just that people praising Potter are victims of a stupid double standard.