Digital camera problem

Guest Ross51288

Guest Ross51288

The one I got for Christmas is acting up.

I was testing it out just now taking photos in my room and when I pressed the zoom in button it started making a few quiet beeping noises and the lens that zooms out is stuck in its position. Whenever I try and press the power button it does the same thing then just does nothing as if it was switched off.

I tested it earlier and it was fine and the battery was fully charged.

Any ideas?  :confused:

Guest Ross51288

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/44282/Video-3.avi.html

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/44284/Video-4.avi.html

that's what's happening if you would be so kind as to download the video files.

And is the lens meant to be angle up slightly?

I dropped it but I was sitting down and it was only about 2 feet off the ground so it couldn't have really made a difference as it was still working after that.

Guest Ross51288

Em sorry like mate but the lookd fkd to me.  blueeek.gif blueeek.gif

Looks like you have bent the lens, sometimes a 2 feet  drop is all it takes.

well it was working for a good while after I did it though.

Guest Ross51288

That is strange it still working for a bit, but the angle of the lens does not look good at all mate, Seems like its jammed.

My mate who knows a thing or two about cameras thinks that's the problem as he's never seen a lens angled up, must have been the drop :S

He says it should be fixable, anything to add to that?

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

I was testing it out just now taking photos in my room and when I pressed the zoom in button it started making a few quiet beeping noises and the lens that zooms out is stuck in its position. Whenever I try and press the power button it does the same thing then just does nothing as if it was switched off.

This will be because the batteries are the wrong kind.  At first when there is plenty of power it doesn't make much difference, but as the energy is drained ( especially on Minoltas, is it a Minolta?), it starts doing what you report.

Check the manual and get exactly the type of battery it says, eg. Nitrate, Cadmium etc....

This will be because the batteries are the wrong kind.  At first when there is plenty of power it doesn't make much difference, but as the energy is drained ( especially on Minoltas, is it a Minolta?), it starts doing what you report.

Check the manual and get exactly the type of battery it says, eg. Nitrate, Cadmium etc....

aye,the standard batteries work but run out very quick and tend to make the camera perform very strangly.i've got a nikon and NI-MH batteries are the best performing,needing recharging once a week on moderate use.

• 3 years later...

It may be coincidental but today I replaced Norton 360 with Norton Internet Security.

When I plugged my Digital camera in to download some pictures, my computer doesnt appear to see it. I usually get an automatic pop up box asking me to import picture but it hasnt happened this time. Its also not listed in the list of drives.

Is it linked to the new AV software or is it something else.

EDIT : Sorted. Got NIS to do a check and it found a conflict between it and Windows Firewall. It fixed it and when I plugged the camera back in, it found it as normal.