Newcastle United Women

toontownman

8 hours ago, Plastician said:

We should create a new thread for the U15's etc. U12's on that basis- they are also playing for the 'club'. 

People who force interest of Women's football onto other people are the worst of the worst in the football community as far as I'm concerned.

Mass majority couldn't give a fuck - unpopular opinion to say, but nobody gives a rats ass about Women's football - it's shit. Standards shit. People who watch football, enjoy football;  but I don't think you can like both...

People who watch Women's sports watch the  2nd Court at Wimbledon and know by name who the up and coming child Chinese gymnasts are. 

Likely worded this wrong, but still I know many will actually read this and understand - I wish I never heard the term 'Women's Football' ever again. I'm not forced constant updates about Polo, Basketball or Badminton. 

Imagine being this insecure. :lol:

A strong NUFC women’s team is vital for the development of girls’ sport in our region as much as it is for boys, why shouldn’t women and girls play football and at a good level and get the same kind of standards, facilities, fanfare and even money of their male counterparts, if I had a daughter and she wanted to play football I’d encourage her all the way as I do my son. I’m hoping this is one side of the club they invest in and improve on massively with in the coming years. I’ve been fortunate to sponsor Gateshead FC ladies and without the support of local communities and football clubs, they wouldn’t have a sport. Sport is good whatever it is, it should be all inclusive regardless of gender, race, nationality, age or ability. Anyone who thinks otherwise can fuck off, they don’t deserve this sport to watch, play or be part of, or any for that matter.

Edited by HTT II

What a shame that we've a thread for the women's side and already on the first page we're reading utter shit like that. Why don't we start this thread again and anyone who wants to slate the side or womens football can just keep their shit posting to themselves?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Glad we have a thread dedicated for the women’s team, shame it has been tainted by such crap on literally the first page (personally I would delete those posts as they reflect badly on the inclusiveness of the forum). It’s called ‘Newcastle-Online’, not ‘Newcastle-Men-Only-Online’ (sounds dodgy), so why the hell shouldn’t their be a direct thread.

As a father to two young daughters, who is keen to get them into sport, I hope the sport and the NUFC women’s team goes from strength to strength. 

7 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Is there anywhere to watch these games? Wouldn't mind taking in a relaxing 10-0 victory to take my mind off the shit show, uhh, I mean the men's team, for a bit....

Not online or on TV, nope. Be a matter of going to a game at Druid Park in Woolsington.

Was hoping we might at least get some NUFCTV coverage now, even if its highlights. Seems they are heading in the right direction. Looks like a ton of younger players in the squad too. Could see us doing the below as @Cort suggested one this season is over. Bring in the experience through new signings on top of the youth we have. Hope everyone is given a fair run at proving themselves, coaches included.

On 11/11/2021 at 01:32, Cort said:

I know Man U reapplied directly for the Championship when they reformed in 2018, and this was accepted so I wonder if we can put an application in. 

Anar video from Adam P. Remember to like and subscribe if you enjoy it.

Edit - actually, not sure if you're allowed to post videos, but he has one up for the match.

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Anar video from Adam P. Remember to like and subscribe if you enjoy it.

Edit - actually, not sure if you're allowed to post videos, but he has one up for the match.

Ah cheers mate, glad to see some coverage.

15 hours ago, iklgizmo said:

They're playing at Kingston Park in the FA Cup next weekend, would be great to get a decent attendance!!

This is an interesting one for me, my loyalties are split. A bit of background, I obviously support Newcastle, have done for 30 odd years but I work for Ipswich Town as an Academy coach. I work with a fair few of the players that will be playing, the captain of the Ipswich Women`s team is a close friend of mine. When my daughter got into the Ipswich academy I started watching the Ipswich Women`s team most weekends.  Another one of the team is from my Grassroots Club, she also plays for England.  

As for the weirdo in this thread talking down about women`s football, what is that all about ? I work in both the boys academy and girls academy, often the girls will beat the boys at the same age and level.  The boys are physically stronger and faster but the girls are technically and tactically superior. The quality of some teams playing Women`s football can be really poor, maybe this poster has only seen some poor teams but watching Ipswich, Southampton and others the professional run Women`s teams the standard is really high.  It`s not as simple as saying Women are crap at football and men are better.  

I took my 8 year old daughter training on Friday, she played a match in an U12`s boys game. She sat a 12 yr old down with drag back chop and turn. The boy was twisted up on the floor.  Another time at a boys training center same age group I allowed the players to pick teams. A new kid didn`t pick my daughter picking first because she was a girl however the best player there picking for the other team shouted yes and picked her. He knew, he set up for a hat trick and they won 3-0.

The popularity of women`s football is going through the roof at the moment, it won`t show anytime soon because of their age but all of the girls teams and different centers are full and turning away record numbers, the boys centers not even full.       

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another big win today against leeds who are in 3rd. 2 points behind Liverpool but they play Liverpool Feds April 3rd.

Also potentially playing at SJP before season ends. Maybe the big Liverpool game, although that might backfire if our players are overawed/not used to SJP 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/amanda-staveley-grand-plan-bring-23302080