Newcastle United Women

toontownman

12 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

We literally have 1 more home game left after this weekend 

They will probably rip the pitch up anyway throughout the summer 

if not , they have 3 months to get it ready for next season 

The womens team should be able to play 4 or 5 times a season on the pitch without any issue (they could easily fit in them in and around our fixtures /  run of away games / international weekends)….etc 

no doubt in a few years time they will have their own mini stadium (like Man City) but I still think 2-3 games a season would be manageable for any top club / groundsman ?

If its 2 or 3 games a season yeah I don't see an issue. Wasn't sure if it was going to be a permanent thing and we have two teams playing all fixtures there that's all. Dont want Brunos through balls getting stuck in a divot against Barcelona in the champions league now do we.

47 minutes ago, Paullow said:

What's the reason for the fixture change? Was meant to be Barnsley but seems like Alnwick have taken their place. It's good for Alnwick players, and might add a bit more on the gate being a sort of derby, but seems a bit strange just to be swapping matches around, especially with Alnwick giving up a home match.

Barnsley made it to their county Cup final which has been scheduled for Saturday. Apparently they did everything to change the cup final date and the opposition were supportive, but the FA said no! 

2 hours ago, iklgizmo said:

Barnsley made it to their county Cup final which has been scheduled for Saturday. Apparently they did everything to change the cup final date and the opposition were supportive, but the FA said no! 

Shame for their lasses as they would have loved to have played at St James. No surprise with the FA though.

4 hours ago, iklgizmo said:

Thanks. I've just seen the table, and it's fair to say Alnwick are struggling, so the fans should see plenty of goals. Do you know if it will be written as Newcastle vs Alnwick, or still Alnwick vs Newcastle, but just at SJP, like you used to see in the FA Cup, and if the latter, will Newcastle get to play in their black and white (with that also seemingly being Alnwick's home colours)?

Edited by Paullow

38 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Thanks. I've just seen the table, and it's fair to say Alnwick are struggling, so the fans should see plenty of goals. Do you know if it will be written as Newcastle vs Alnwick, or still Alnwick vs Newcastle, but just at SJP, like you used to see in the FA Cup, and if the latter, will Newcastle get to play in their black and white (with that also seemingly being Alnwick's home colours)?

I'm really not sure as sounds like it's all been a bit rushed. 

I would hope we will be able to play in black and white, can't see Alnwick putting up much of a fight given the opportunity they've been given.

Without tying to jinx it, there absolutley should be lots of goals. The standard obviously won't be amazing given this is the 4th (I think) tier of the women's game, but everyone has to start somewhere!!

On 30/11/2021 at 10:31, Plastician said:

We should create a new thread for the U15's etc. U12's on that basis- they are also playing for the 'club'. 

People who force interest of Women's football onto other people are the worst of the worst in the football community as far as I'm concerned.

Mass majority couldn't give a fuck - unpopular opinion to say, but nobody gives a rats ass about Women's football - it's shit. Standards shit. People who watch football, enjoy football;  but I don't think you can like both...

People who watch Women's sports watch the  2nd Court at Wimbledon and know by name who the up and coming child Chinese gymnasts are. 

Likely worded this wrong, but still I know many will actually read this and understand - I wish I never heard the term 'Women's Football' ever again. I'm not forced constant updates about Polo, Basketball or Badminton. 

22,000 people gave a fuck today. 

Edited by Joey Linton

16 hours ago, HTT II said:

The owners want them to have their own academy, training facility and a stadium of their own that much I know! The owners have met with them a few times and promised x amount of millions towards development. They also plan a tour abroad next season!

I think this is actually the opposite of what we should do.

We should have one mega campus for all our teams.

Our academy could even have it’s own school for the kids, so instead of getting an outside education and coming to the academy for an hour or so at the end of the day, they are all together.

We are all Newcastle United, and non part should be left out and off to another site. Ok so the academy and woman's team may need their own smaller stadium, but training, rehabilitation etc should all be under one roof. 

• 1 month later...

Thought we might apply to move up a few divisions but looks like a slow build on this front. Great news on the reserves though. With such a young squad maybe there will be some incomings with some of the younger players being the core of the reserves.

5 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Newcastle drew 2-2 on Sunday 

against Flyde 

Which is a good result as they are in the division above and finished 3rd (only losing 5 times) all season 

My daughter made her Debut for Newcastle on Sunday - So very proud 🖤🤍

Awesome for you all! Congratulations to her, you and the whole fambo! 

On 13/07/2022 at 19:09, JonBez comesock said:

Newcastle drew 2-2 on Sunday 

against Flyde 

Which is a good result as they are in the division above and finished 3rd (only losing 5 times) all season 

My daughter made her Debut for Newcastle on Sunday - So very proud 🖤🤍

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/four-senior-additions-for-newcastle-united-women/

its on the official Newcastle Website (Daisy)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rich said:

Newlassle United

Pretty surprised they didn't apply to jump up the leagues but I expect with so much to do everywhere else at the club a slow methodical build with the Womens team makes sense too. Starting a reserve/youth team is a big step in the right direction. They already have a really young side. They can add higher tier players and have the younger players develop in the reserves. Much like the mens side Becky Langley seems to have a great thing going with developing players and creating a great atmosphere. Doesn't make sense to rip it up or bring in much higher tier players and cause issues within the dressing room. 

A lot of leagues and years to get through before they reach the top though. 

On 03/08/2022 at 00:21, toontownman said:

Pretty surprised they didn't apply to jump up the leagues but I expect with so much to do everywhere else at the club a slow methodical build with the Womens team makes sense too. Starting a reserve/youth team is a big step in the right direction. They already have a really young side. They can add higher tier players and have the younger players develop in the reserves. Much like the mens side Becky Langley seems to have a great thing going with developing players and creating a great atmosphere. Doesn't make sense to rip it up or bring in much higher tier players and cause issues within the dressing room. 

A lot of leagues and years to get through before they reach the top though. 

Yes, we are currently in Tier 4, in the "FA Women's National League Division 1 North", so it will take a while to get through the leagues.

This the structure . . .  

Tier 1 – FA Women’s Super League

Tier 2 – FA Women’s Championship 

Tier 3 – FA Women’s National League - Northern Premier Division / Southern Premier Division 

Tier 4 – FA Women’s National League – Division 1 North, Midlands, South East, South West