g6YoSrqm_400x400.jpg

Est. 1989

Home: Druid Park, Woolsington

Manager: Becky Langley

Current League: National League Division One North

Current League Table

https://www.nufc.co.uk/teams/nuw-team/

https://www.facebook.com/NUWFCOfficial

Amongst the myriad of other things to be excited about, I am really interested to see the potential ascent of our Womens team and will be following. They are currently sat 2nd in the National League Division One North (4th Tier of Womens football in the UK) so it will be a long term rise to get to the Super League but the ownership talked about it from day one as being a priority. 

I have no idea if there are FFP rules as to how we might build the team to get up the leagues quickly. Also whether we will see the team eventually move into SJP, a new training facility or Whitley Park. The womens game has changed so much for the better over he past decade and a half. Looking forward to us having a strong team in future years. 

Edited by toontownman

I know Man U reapplied directly for the Championship when they reformed in 2018, and this was accepted so I wonder if we can put an application in. 

Save Jackie Groenen from Man U.

Edited by Cort

3 minutes ago, Sifu said:

4-0 NUFC win. A dominant performance, by the far the better team and could have easily been 6/7.

Can they play against Norwich on Tuesday?

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather the women’s team not be called a club, but a team, because they should be part of the whole Newcastle United Football Club like the reserves aren’t called the NUFC Reserves Club. 

21 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather the women’s team not be called a club, but a team, because they should be part of the whole Newcastle United Football Club like the reserves aren’t called the NUFC Reserves Club. 

I think that's the plan long term, it used to be a separate club until 2016.

9 minutes ago, Sifu said:

I think that's the plan long term, it used to be a separate club until 2016.

I hope so, it needs totally incorporated into the entire club so it/they become one with the club, as a women’s team - all age groups up at every level. 

On 28/11/2021 at 15:41, HTT II said:

We should create a new thread for the U15's etc. U12's on that basis- they are also playing for the 'club'. 

People who force interest of Women's football onto other people are the worst of the worst in the football community as far as I'm concerned.

Mass majority couldn't give a fuck - unpopular opinion to say, but nobody gives a rats ass about Women's football - it's shit. Standards shit. People who watch football, enjoy football;  but I don't think you can like both...

People who watch Women's sports watch the  2nd Court at Wimbledon and know by name who the up and coming child Chinese gymnasts are. 

Likely worded this wrong, but still I know many will actually read this and understand - I wish I never heard the term 'Women's Football' ever again. I'm not forced constant updates about Polo, Basketball or Badminton. 

Edited by Plastician

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Really want my daughter to pick up football, she was class at dribbling when she was 2 but she’s less coordinated now she’s 3. Are kids generally good at dribbling because of their low centre of gravity?

Do you think your child will grow? If not, see a Doctor.

Otherwise throw balls at her and make her catch them with one hand eyes closed - when she catches 10,000, get back to us. My advice would be to start close with ping pong balls, eventually leading up to a bowling ball. 

38 minutes ago, Plastician said:

We should create a new thread for the U15's etc. U12's on that basis- they are also playing for the 'club'. 

People who force interest of Women's football onto other people are the worst of the worst in the football community as far as I'm concerned.

Mass majority couldn't give a fuck - unpopular opinion to say, but nobody gives a rats ass about Women's football - it's shit. Standards shit. People who watch football, enjoy football;  but I don't think you can like both...

People who watch Women's sports watch the  2nd Court at Wimbledon and know by name who the up and coming child Chinese gymnasts are. 

Likely worded this wrong, but still I know many will actually read this and understand - I wish I never heard the term 'Women's Football' ever again. I'm not forced constant updates about Polo, Basketball or Badminton. 

Stinking patter , clueless 

Having watched girls/womens football for the last 6 years , the standard is higher than most people appreciate 

I’ve watched hundreds of training sessions / games ….and some of the skill / technique is on par with mens.  

Obviously the mens game is much quicker and more physical (and better to watch) I fully agree.

However I have to admit watching some of the mens premier league games during covid (on the tv) with no crowds was abysmal (no tempo, poor standard) ….looked like Sunday league 

Same goes with the womens football on tv (when the crowds are super low) ..it makes the standard look poorer. 

I’ve been to a few of the womens international games and been at pitch level - standard is excellent and the crowd gives them an extra 10% 

Your post is very outdated (caveman - like)  and shows you haven’t a clue on the actual standard of womens football today.

Your post below that is also ‘lifting’ …about as funny as your morning breath 

1 hour ago, Plastician said:

You were asking about a particular player in another thread as she's someone you've followed. So if women's football is shit and pointless, why are you "following" one of the players? Bit weird.

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You were asking about a particular player in another thread as she's someone you've followed. So if women's football is shit and pointless, why are you "following" one of the players? Bit weird.

Details are boring. Even more boring than what's being said right now... 

Bet a few Billion lads around the world 'follow' birds because they look good. Go away mate. 

Edited by Plastician

1 hour ago, Plastician said:

Horrendously uniformed, ignorant and down right dumb. 

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Horrendously uniformed, ignorant and down right dumb. 

Meh, go away - wrong on all the counts. The mass following of football couldn't give a blind toss to the wind if Women's football even existed. 

What's the best way to a $1M for a Woman playing in the WBA? Starting an Onlyfans. 

Okay, maybe I'm wrong. But I bet Emil Krath's thread has more traction in the next 3 months than this - aside from responses here...

Edited by Plastician