Accommodation in Newcastle and the wider area

South-Cheshire-Toon

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Newcastle area - that fits the following (as much as possible) criteria - 

1. Within 30 miles or 30 minute drive of Newcastle City Centre ( or of a metro station that will then get me to St James Park.)

2. Has 4 or 5 star reviews.

3. Has a spa or the like (missus would like a pampering session).

4. Located in the 'wilds' ie not in the middle of a town etc.

Thanking you all in advance.

9 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Linden Hall down the road from me was always well regarded back in the day.  Not sure of its current reputation. 

Wife stopped there last year, not impressed.

Slaley is still canny, Ramside Hall is decent, Matfen Hall (despite recent bad publicity re weddings), 8f you really want to impress, Jesmond dene House (don't think it has a spa though). 

Walwick Hall may be too far but worth a look.

Edited by madras

• Yorkie changed the title to Accommodation in Newcastle and wider area

It meets a number of your criteria but not really in a direct way.

It is within 30 minutes of Newcastle (but technically many years behind); it does have 4 star reviews but comprising of many 0.1 star reviews all added up; it has a bar not a spa but is absolutely, definitely what you would refer to as being in the wilds. 

Clifton Hotel & Bar, Elswick: for an unforgettable experience. 

• Yorkie changed the title to Accommodation in Newcastle and the wider area
4 hours ago, Wullie said:

Slaley Hall and Seaham Hall both worth a look.

Seaham Hall is about a minute's drive from me, easy enough to get into town too. Train every hour or if you're driving then get to Heworth (15 mins away) and get the metro in and out. 

38 minutes ago, midds said:

Seaham Hall is about a minute's drive from me, easy enough to get into town too. Train every hour or if you're driving then get to Heworth (15 mins away) and get the metro in and out. 

Don't get the train to the match from Seaham on a Saturday. Regularly leaving folk behind Hartlepool onwards as too full. Especially next couple.of home.games as I think Mackems are home as well.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Don't get the train to the match from Seaham on a Saturday. Regularly leaving folk behind Hartlepool onwards as too full. Especially next couple.of home.games as I think Mackems are home as well.

Good point. Assumed they'd be away if we we're at home :thup:

36 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Boro, Hartlepool, Sunderland and Newcastle are all at home at 3pm on Saturday, can't be many times that's happened.

And December 4th, not sure about Hartlepool but Mackems have a re arranged game due them being, snigger, knocked out the FA Cup by Mansfield.

8 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Newcastle area - that fits the following (as much as possible) criteria - 

1. Within 30 miles or 30 minute drive of Newcastle City Centre ( or of a metro station that will then get me to St James Park.)

2. Has 4 or 5 star reviews.

3. Has a spa or the like (missus would like a pampering session).

4. Located in the 'wilds' ie not in the middle of a town etc.

Thanking you all in advance.

I think @wormyknows just the place. It was certainly in the 'wilds'.