If you could add 3 past-NUFC players to the current team...

Big River

I’ve gone for their best while at Newcastle. If you go best in their career you’d drive yourself crazy. Campbell/ Woodgate, Green, Gazza, Beardsley, Barnes, Waddle, Rush, McDermott, Shearer, Keegan, Kluivert, the list would just go on.

Albert natural left sided centre back to partner schar

Gascoigne just a genius and everything our midfield doest have 

Last one hard to pick between beardsley, Bobby Lee,  cabeye, tiote, Tino, Sir Les, Ben afro, colo, Enrique, Woodcote etc.

Think we really need a right midfielder though so go for solano 

9 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Viduka could've been so great; if only he gave a shit.

I came in to use all three votes on Mark Viduka - he was well over it by the time he came here, even at his best he was inconsistent and he never scored the goals his talent deserved. But my favourite player of all time by some distance.

I feel sorry for the majority of people commenting on this thread who clearly must not have been around from 1985 to 1988, because if you had then you would be putting Paul Gascoigne down as your first choice.

After that I guess Shearer is the obvious second preference.

Third is a genuine toss up between Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and David Ginola. All game changers in their own unique way.

15 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I feel sorry for the majority of people commenting on this thread who clearly must not have been around from 1985 to 1988, because if you had then you would be putting Paul Gascoigne down as your first choice.

After that I guess Shearer is the obvious second preference.

Third is a genuine toss up between Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and David Ginola. All game changers in their own unique way.

Same goes for the likes of Tiote. Wouldn’t have got near any of our better sides over the past 30 years. I do feel for those who’ve only been watching us post-2004 because it’s been the odd gem like Ba or Hatem standing out amongst a lot of mediocrity or worse. 

If we are looking at current game changers, adding Shearer, Robert and Bellamy to this side would instantly transform us, but defensively…

One that has been overlooked, would be Aaron Hughes, he could play anywhere in defence and do a man marking job in midfield, such an underrated player for us, I was gutted when we sold him.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If we are looking at current game changers, adding Shearer, Robert and Bellamy to this side would instantly transform us, but defensively…

One that has been overlooked, would be Aaron Hughes, he could play anywhere in defence and do a man marking job in midfield, such an underrated player for us, I was gutted when we sold him.

£1m quid to Villa and replaced with that pisshead Craig Moore. What an absolute disaster Souness was.

IIRC, Robson was earmarking Hughes up to be a potential captain at us. Hughes was such a good, solid footballer for us.