Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

It effects everyone in front of him before. Dubravka just brings a level of calm and communication. As mentioned playing wingers with zero defensive ability and two offensive CMs doesn't help our defence either. You can afford wingers at wing back if there there is a bit more protection coming from elsewhere. AsM isn't tracking back like joelinton so Ritchie has zero support.

Quality full backs and one CB would prob be OK  in Jan, a decent DM and Striker too. The weak spot needs fixing.

‘they need to get Nikolas Sule in Jan

Joelinton given a modicum of coaching and ferk me, he looks like Firminho. The rest of them passing to each other. We've worked half a dozen passes and then given it to Schar to advance at least 20 yards two? three?? times.

ASM still a bit stuck in "I must do it myself" mode, but looking more productive already. I hope he gets an assist for that.

Dubs saves the first one and probably plucks the cross for the second from the air, rather than watching it onto someone's heed. Replay that half ten times with Dubs in goal and we go in with a lead ten times out of ten. A huge improvement already. Also fun to watch! I'd forgotten what it was like.

So with the evidence of our attacking play, Bruce was 100% holding us back. That's the best attack minded performance in ages, including Benitez. The problem now lies with defending, were abysmal at the back, not singling Ritchie out, because he's supported the attack really well,but he's dreadful defensively, he hasn't got the legs to get back when he's supported the attack, and his man marking is poor.

ASM I feel need to be feeding Wilson and making better decisions when getting into the final third. 

I think Brentford might just tire, and we can edge this.

Enjoyed it all to be fair though.

3 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

If we play as open as this against a top tier team and we’ll get pummelled. Guess that’s a problem for another day. 

As opposed to sitting back and getting bummed without throwing a punch? Know which approach I’d prefer.