Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

Just now, Collage said:

I don’t hate Shelvey half as much as many of you do. Yes he’s static but thought he was pretty good today.

Thought he did well today. Think he'd be brilliant in the right team.

If we can get Dubs back in goal ASAP then I'm still confident we won't even need to be worrying about relegation come the final day of the season.

Otherwise we sure as fuck better be in the market for a 'keeper come January.

Considering the state of this team for the past two years, for Howe to come in and transform them in to that in the space of two weeks? Wow. 

Just now, loki679 said:

Most total passes, most accurate passes and most key passes according to whoscored.

I can't stand him but he was decent today.

Well thats easy when you see how many back and sideways passes he played. You can try to make him look good all you want, but he is in fact a terrible CM, cause he literally does no work that is needed, especially when we are screaming for a DM and a BBM to actually control the midfield. Our midfield was overrun time and time again as they couldnt keep up with the transitionplay at all.

Beaten by the Darlow error and the general run of the ball (own goal etc). Replay that ten times with Dubs and we win at least nine times.

A huge improvement over Bruceball. I know that bastard used to talk about positives after dropped points, but they were actually there today. I feel much more confident now.

Really important that we didn't lose today as that would have been so incredibly demoralising and devastating. Remove Darlow's error on the first and we win this game.

So many incredible positives after just two weeks with the new management team, and it will only continue to get better from here. The real kicker today was the way the other results went. 

Dubravka coming in will be massive and I think Hayden also will need to come in for Willock also. Almiron and Lewis can also now get caught up having been away on international duty, and I think they will have important parts to play too.

Lets keep our heads up. At least the boys are all going to give this survival a proper go and not just capitulate pathetically.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Not really, Darlow shite for one, but equally Lascelles deflection wasn't great,  and Joelinton could have stolen the show, but brain farted as usual. 

That's a bit harsh if you ask me. Especially on Joelinton. Lascelles was unlucky with that deflection. 

The extremes on here man :lol:

Was a much improved attacking performance, if we invest well in the defence in January and get some mobility in there with the addition of a dynamic central midfielder, we'll stay up IMO. 

5 points isn't insurmountable. 

If we get relegated, we get relegated but too many twists and turns to come to predict anything at the moment.

Today was miles away from BruceBall

52% possession

23 Shots

9 on target.

When Bruce was here, we have 20-30% possession and we were lucky to get a shot at goal, never mind if it was on target or not.

Continue to build and if we go down due to the start Bruce handed us, at least we can go to a game and expect some excitement!

Edited by Awaymag

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not really, Darlow shite for one, but equally Lascelles deflection wasn't great,  and Joelinton could have stolen the show, but brain farted as usual. 

Joelinton wasn't a brain fart. His leg literally gave in. Yes he should have shot first time, but if his leg doesn't give in, he's just successfully dribbled the Brentford defender on his ass with a clear shot on goal.

Edited by Conjo

Thought there was so much improvement in loads of players, Wilson looked off the pace though. Would be over the moon with that performance if it wasn't for the table. Easy to say we have 2 winnable games at home next and January transfer window but December is very tough and to me still looks an impossible task. If we had got Eddie in 3 or 4 games ago then I don't think we would have been so nervous at the back. We were much the better team and Darlow was terrible, was a must win for me today if we had any hope but would love to be proved wrong. Today's performance just shows what we have all said and Bruce and Ashley has fucked us over.

Loads to be positive about, but still think we’re in the shit. 5 (possibly 8 by the end of the weekend) is a big gap to bridge, but the overall performance was positive for the most part. Some very good attacking play marred by poor goalkeeping and a a few errors in defensive shape.

Overall, much much improved though.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

That's a bit harsh if you ask me. Especially on Joelinton. Lascelles was unlucky with that deflection. 

Not at all at this level. Why? Because Joelinton had a good game, yes he did. But he should be taking that on. He ballsed up. Btw I'm not sticking up for Darlow either.

8 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

For once a lot of positives from that game. 

People saying we’re relegated man. Give over. That’s possibly the best attacking display I’ve seen from us in nigh on a decade. Set pieces were excellent too.

We know the issues in defence, we have to power through until January and hope we can pick up enough points. However, Darlow was horrific.

You've summed it up for me.

Teams will have a spell, a bit like Fulham last season, but we just need to weather it. The performance was pretty good today minus a few errors - Darlow does need to be dropped. We need to bring in some defenders to bring more balance to the side.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Joelinton wasn't a brain fart. His leg literally gave in. Yes he should have shot first time, but if his leg doesn't give in, he's just successfully dribbled the Brentford defender on his ass with a clear shot on goal.

I could see what he was trying to do, but I still think he should have pulled the trigger immediately. Hindsight is 20-20 though as always

Guest neesy111

Quite a few positives for us, that was 100% better than anything under Bruce.

But darlow needs dropping asap and we need 2 Cab's in January.

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

The extremes on here man :lol:

Was a much improved attacking performance, if we invest well in the defence in January and get some mobility in there with the addition of a dynamic central midfielder, we'll stay up IMO. 

5 points isn't insurmountable. 

It’s not, don’t think the gap will only be 5 points come January though and that’s going to be the issue.

Guest neesy111
12 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

For once a lot of positives from that game. 

People saying we’re relegated man. Give over. That’s possibly the best attacking display I’ve seen from us in nigh on a decade. Set pieces were excellent too.

We know the issues in defence, we have to power through until January and hope we can pick up enough points. However, Darlow was horrific.

Understand what your saying.

But A decade?  Give over.