Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

Just so gutted we didn't get 3 points. Worse so many other teams did. Really believed we would get it.

The knee jerk and gut is that we will go down but the heart thinks we can turn it around and will. We saw lots of that heart today. It will be a ride either way and there are lots of games. We have a good draw in us imo but getting those wins is elusive. Once we do I think we will push on big. Hopefully that doesn't happen too late.

It is going to be hugely difficult for us to attract players in January that can truly help. Loans will be our lifeline but beyond that it will be a gamble with players asking for relegation release clauses. We will likely take the gamble but that gamble will likely include players with a bit of baggage. Big test in our recruiting.

4 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

Apparently aye.

If the opposing player is booked for a foul then they don't have to go off.

Bit mad that Norgaard got a yellow for injuring ASM yet ASM still had to go off for treatemnt

That was class in so many ways. We looked much better going forward but some brainless moments. Thought they were poor in the second half and we deserved it from there, but that's not the way it works obvs.

Atmosphere was brilliant as well. Was bursting with pride on a few occasions.

The change in performances was more stark than I was expecting.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Just so gutted we didn't get 3 points. Worse so many other teams did. Really believed we would get it.

The knee jerk and gut is that we will go down but the heart thinks we can turn it around and will. We saw lots of that heart today. It will be a ride either way and there are lots of games. We have a good draw in us imo but getting those wins is elusive. Once we do I think we will push on big. Hopefully that doesn't happen too late.

It is going to be hugely difficult for us to attract players in January that can truly help. Loans will be our lifeline but beyond that it will be a gamble with players asking for relegation release clauses. We will likely take the gamble but that gamble will likely include players with a bit of baggage. Big test in our recruiting.

My head says we're gone.  But it'll be tight 

I was absolutely glued to the tele today, so animated, leaping up and down. Honestly thought it would take me longer cos it was miles away during the Spurs and Chelsea games, but the new manager has changed everything for me. Feels so, so good to be back. 

I'm a Newcastle United supporter that doesn't change if we're a Championship club. After what Ashley did to Keegan I couldn't bring myself to love what the club then became. Who wouldn't have taken relegation to get rid of him ? We've a club that wants to go forwards with a manager who in two weeks has already undone some of the dross of the Bruce era. Those players kept fighting, they didn't fold and they deserve our support. We've still a chance it's going to be difficult and against the odds but we've never done anything the easy way have we ? 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I was absolutely glued to the tele today, so animated, leaping up and down. Honestly thought it would take me longer cos it was miles away during the Spurs and Chelsea games, but the new manager has changed everything for me. Feels so, so good to be back. 

I watched a stream today and it was horrible to care again.  Ha.  My heart was racing.  Was happy for half time just to chill for a bit 

Didn't win but most enjoyable performance for over 2 years. Joelinton, apart from not even managing to get a shot away with that opportunity, was the best I've seen from him.

Darlow was the only reason we lost. Shelvey a massive improvement in performance and attitude. Tough days ahead but I think we can survive

16 minutes ago, Smal said:

am i supposed to understand this reference? :lol:

Just assumed everyone was watching the same coverage I was watching, with that co-comm who calls him 'Karol Darlow,' with a very obvious additional syllable in the first name! 

Just got in from the game , a few bullet points to sum it up how I saw it .

Joelinton was magnificent, shame he didn’t get the winner 

Darlow is a bastard 

Willock was influential in nothing 

Shelvey had a good game 

We still looked so uncomfortable in our play 

Wilson never got a sniff 

They got soooooo lucky on the third goal 

point was about right .

Atmosphere was better .

Todays game (after 10 days of coaching) and our style of play was night and day from what we have seen under Bruce.

I think more time and more coaching along with bringing players in January and we will be good.

Oh and fuck Steve Bruce and "you can't just change things overnight", that fat cunts lies were blown out of the water today.