Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He was very good yesterday, a very strong, mobile CF performance who defended so well in his own box too. We made a huge mistake letting him leave. I hope he smashes it week in week out at this level.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pretty encouraging that two of our goals came directly from the training ground. 

And 3 of theirs did too, well, from Bruce’s training ground! 

We didn't make a huge mistake letting him leave. If he had stayed he never would be where he is now. Sometimes a player needs a wake up call and a more permanent environment to develop, and at a lower level if necessary. Getting time on the pitch at a lower level to develop both mentally and technically is vital. Going out on loan after loan doesn't isn't the same thing either. 

Toney even said it himself that he thought he'd "made it" once at Newcastle. He's been given time and belief to develop, has matured and he's now playing at a much higher level. 

It's not as simple as "we should have kept him".. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

We didn't make a huge mistake letting him leave. If he had stayed he never would be where he is now. Sometimes a player needs a wake up call and a more permanent environment to develop, and at a lower level if necessary. Getting time on the pitch at a lower level to develop both mentally and technically is vital. Going out on loan after loan doesn't isn't the same thing either. 

Toney even said it himself that he thought he'd "made it" once at Newcastle. He's been given time and belief to develop, has matured and he's now playing at a much higher level. 

well said, just look at the Longstaff's for the opposite example of staying at NUFC when for the past 14 years have been no progression plan from youth to 1st team!

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

This. Wilson is better than him. Rondon was better too. 

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

This. Wilson is better than him. Rondon was better too. 

Wilson moves better, is more intelligent off the ball, but Toney is a better all-round CF IMO.

My great grandad was a 'keeper for Liverpool in the '30s (ooh look at me, look at me) and his height was officially 5ft 8ins (was actually 6ft-ish) as a small way of messing with the opposition's plans. Could be a bit of that, or just an error

Edited by kisearch

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

What did you make of it, Wullie? Can remember asking you a while back whether or not you would be able to turn the tap back on, so to speak, when the takeover finally happened. Any sense of getting 'the feelings' back yet? (no expectation, just genuinely curious!) 

Most engaged I've been in a game since the Liverpool home game under Rafa when Fabinho dived and they scored at the end. Actually didn't want us to lose, felt weird. :lol:

Do some people just look taller/smaller for various reasons or are the stats just a bit off? For example I always thought Mitro doesn’t look tall but apparently he’s 6ft2, whereas Sean Longstaff always looks gangly but is 5ft11 apparently? 🤔