Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

23 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

A page on 'Who's height is this?'  - come on guys, you can spend some of the weekend away from the keyboard you know!:whistle:

He says, posting anonymously to a Newcastle fan forum on a Monday morning.

Guest reefatoon

Not sure why Toney was going up to the fans and kissing the badge. Nobody had anything against him and everyone wished him well when he moved on.

The daft cunt.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Not sure why Toney was going up to the fans and kissing the badge. Nobody had anything against him and everyone wished him well when he moved on.

The daft cunt.

Not defending him but I heard boos whenever he touched the ball. 

Might have prompted his reaction. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not defending him but I heard boos whenever he touched the ball. 

Might have prompted his reaction. 

On TV, I heard faint boos when he was on the ball as well. I remember asking myself if some of our fans could be that dumb, I guess the answer is yes. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He was getting booed for some reason whenever he had the ball.

This is a football pet hate of mine. Booing every ex player, regardless of the circumstances in which they left.

He never got a sniff at the first team here and did the right thing for his career by moving on.

I was only watching on a shitty river and haven't watched any of the match back so I could well be wrong, but it looked to me he was directing it to travelling fans, rather than against NUFC fans? Even so, I've no grudge against his celebrations. The guy spent three years at NUFC and was away on loan most of that time. He's got no affinity to the club.

Also don't understand how anyone could muster boos for someone that again, managed three sub appearances in three years for us. He's a non-entity in the history of NUFC.

Edited by wormy

22 minutes ago, Klaus said:

This is a football pet hate of mine. Booing every ex player, regardless of the circumstances in which they left.

He never got a sniff at the first team here and did the right thing for his career by moving on.

I might be wrong.  But I'm sure we are awful for it compared to other clubs.  

49 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

On TV, I heard faint boos when he was on the ball as well. I remember asking myself if some of our fans could be that dumb, I guess the answer is yes. 

Nah I heard faint "boo-urns".

3 hours ago, Klaus said:

This. 

3 hours ago, Klaus said:

Except the booing of Steve Watson which was one of the funniest things I've seen in a football stadium.

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I might be wrong.  But I'm sure we are awful for it compared to other clubs.  

We booed James Milner not long after he was sold. Something I still find absolutely incredible considering the circumstances at the time. 

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

There was.

Well that will explain why he did it more. I just caught the short highlights of the game on sky. Couldn't pick up the booing on there and it just looked a bit over the top him kissing the badge.

2 hours ago, madras said:

Except the booing of Steve Watson which was one of the funniest things I've seen in a football stadium.

Imagine booing James Milner man. :lol:

He was treated like a commodity by the club, that carry on was one of the things which made Keegan quit. 

Fans boo ex player at game in which he scores and celebrates shocker. [emoji38]

Think he had some good words to say about us after the game. Least he understands it's just part of the show, just like him kissing the badge after celebrating. 

Good luck to him. Another one who got away under Rafa.

Posted an interview he did in the pre match thread, bulk of it is him talking about his time here. He seems a sound lad tbf. 

Booing opposition players because they were once on our books is embarrassing. Booing/whistling loudly whenever any of the opposition have the ball though, that's something I can get behind and would love to see. We barely do it though.