Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seems like Shelvey and Hayden is the only option that could work until Jan. Unless we can repurpose Miggy or something. 

Yeah, has to be Hayden + Shelvey/Willock imo. Otherwise I liked our shape and I think it suits the current squad well (apart from Almiron who doesn’t fit into any of it as usual).

2 CMs in Jan pls.

Every single midfielder bar Willock must go as soon as possible.

Can't believe we gave a nothing player like Hayden a new deal. Longstaff's contract is running down and Shelvey has 18 months left. Hope they're all gone come August. Hendrick as well, fuck me.

Edited by The Butcher

That was the best football we've played in years. I'm so hoarse I sound like I smoke 50 a day. Mental. 

Defensively we're shocking. Dubravka has to be back in for Arsenal. But in that game I've never screamed supporting our lads like that in years. Grim league position et al but there's cause for optimism.

When was the last time we had over 50% possession? Loads to be positive about today, and Darlow probably cost us two points. 

Under Bruce, Brentford would have had 80% of the ball and would have likely ripped us a new arsehole. 

Didn't notice much passing out of defence mind, Darlow isn't capable of doing it.We kinda pressed a lot more but I still think we aren't the best at it , saw it only played well at Everton last season. 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Didn't notice much passing out of defence mind, Darlow isn't capable of doing it.We kinda pressed a lot more but I still think we aren't the best at it , saw it only played well at Everton last season. 

Our 3rd goal came from a ball from Darlow like. But Dubravka has to be back in. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Just assumed everyone was watching the same coverage I was watching, with that co-comm who calls him 'Karol Darlow,' with a very obvious additional syllable in the first name! 

Thought he was just rolling his 'r' in a very Scottish manner. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seems like Shelvey and Hayden is the only option that could work until Jan. Unless we can repurpose Miggy or something. 

Then we lose the extra man in attack. For all Willock influenced very little, his presence was enough to give more space for Joelinton and ASM. 

It would have been a win if it was Dubravka in goal instead of Darlow. Darlow is shockingly dodgy.

It's a positive performance all around nonetheless. The results will eventually come with some minor fixes hopefully before Norwich and Burnley.

6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I saw the match on a stream and Ive watched the highlights twice already :lol:

Total transformation from the shit bruce had the players doing.

Felt like a loss at the FT time whistle as we deserved more but all I've done is message and talk about the game since then and it feels like a win. Almost forgot there we dropped 2 pts.

We've just watched Joelinton put in a 

MOTM performance and Shelvey pressing well and playing well in midfield, that alone should be enough to tell us to give all players a chance to get up speed before writing them off 

Edited by kisearch

It was a cracking game to watch. I'm not sure my heart can take much more games like that mind. :lol:

Really gutted Joelinton fell owa, like. Him being the match winner would've been the icing on the cake and our rebirth perfectly symbolised. 

The change in the whole team was quite outstanding. Just ten days with them and its probably the best 90 mins we have seen in a couple of years.

Darlow was very poor for the one through his legs... FFS!

Unlucky not to get three points.

P.S. Toney looked the dogs Bs!

Good game, good and much improved performance, unfortunate result - in both senses.

Enjoyed in retrospect but was nervous throughout, not used to this after the melancholic coma style we've been in, take a while to get back up to speed if its like this in November, dreading/looking forward to the Norwich experience already.

That transformation in one game is very impressive. Not seen anything as vivid since Roeder took over from Yozzer. Even KK and Rafa took a few games for their work to manifest.

Edited by Wolfcastle