Newcastle United 3 - 3 Brentford (20/11/2021)

Yorkie

18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Posted an interview he did in the pre match thread, bulk of it is him talking about his time here. He seems a sound lad tbf. 

Booing opposition players because they were once on our books is embarrassing. Booing/whistling loudly whenever any of the opposition have the ball though, that's something I can get behind and would love to see. We barely do it though.

We used to applaud a former player in the opposition line up then boo them straight after. Talking about the returns of Ferdinand & Ginola ago. 

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Posted an interview he did in the pre match thread, bulk of it is him talking about his time here. He seems a sound lad tbf. 

Booing opposition players because they were once on our books is embarrassing. Booing/whistling loudly whenever any of the opposition have the ball though, that's something I can get behind and would love to see. We barely do it though.

wouldn’t do either tbh , waste of effort 

3 hours ago, Dokko said:

Fans boo ex player at game in which he scores and celebrates shocker. [emoji38]

Think he had some good words to say about us after the game. Least he understands it's just part of the show, just like him kissing the badge after celebrating. 

Good luck to him. Another one who got away under Rafa.

Another one? 4 years later he still wouldn’t start for us. Same goes for Armstrong. People talk about them both like they’re huge losses. 

4 hours ago, Dokko said:

We used to applaud a former player in the opposition line up then boo them straight after. Talking about the returns of Ferdinand & Ginola ago. 

Ferdinand yes, but don't think there was applause for Ginola, or not much anyway, seem to remember there being vitriol for him, very different to Les. Changed with Ginola since retirement.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Everton 6-2 I think? Came on early, clapped on to the pitch, massive boos the first touch. :lol: 

I was at Everton away about 20 years ago and the same thing happened with Gascoigne.  Applauded when warming up, massive throaty cheer as he came on a sub for Everton with him clapping the away end - then a massive, throaty 'BOOOOOOOOOOO!' with his first touch.  :)

8 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

I was at Everton away about 20 years ago and the same thing happened with Gascoigne.  Applauded when warming up, massive throaty cheer as he came on a sub for Everton with him clapping the away end - then a massive, throaty 'BOOOOOOOOOOO!' with his first touch.  :)

I'm sure this is how it always used to be. All gentlemanly conduct, showing respect and appreciation, until it mattered. Then mortal enemies until the final whistle. Just another element of the humour that is gone from the game. Too many sensitive fuckwits with no clue about human behaviour. God knows what people would make of 'Slapshot' these days.

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Everton 6-2 I think? Came on early, clapped on to the pitch, massive boos the first touch. :lol: 

And him absolutely passing his self laughing about it, the crowd laughing with him, like a 52,000 person in joke.

Remember Ginola getting more and more worked up when he came back to SJP with Villa 20 years ago. Had an awful first half an hour, got himself booked on 40 mins and John Gregory subbed him about a minute later, bang on HT. Appalling management and he then got utterly rinsed by the home crowd as he came off. Very funny moment. Apart from Ginola. 

On 20/11/2021 at 20:00, Dokko said:

Missed that noise. Christ it felt good. 

Woke myself up last night reliving this moment singing hey jude. 😂 well not strictly true, was the falling feeling as I lost my balance looking down that woke me up but by then I was magically on the roof for some reason. Still, had what felt like an hour of good dreams singing this. 🥰