Sky plus.

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

Hello lads, just a quick question. I have Sky, with the top package, and I'm going to buy a Sky plus box in a few days, because my old standard box is shite, and it's on its way out. Do I have to inform Sky that I'm getting a new box, do they have to activate the 'plus' or anything?

P.S, Can you buy one of these boxes in your average electronics store like Curry's etc, or do you have to get them directly from Sky.

Cheers lads.

Guest Invicta_Toon

you need an installation, as it uses a different head on the dish, and they will run a second wire from the dish to the box (one to view, one to record)

pretty sure it starts as a new contract too, with a new card

wouldn't have thought the boxes are sold separately

You have to contact sky, we got ours in conjuction with a deal where you could keep your old box and stick it in another room and have multiroom for free. Not sure if it was a one off thing or ongoing, worth checking out at least.

Bit off topic but I'd recommend getting a dvd recorder if you haven't already got one, means you can record something through sky plus the wack a blank cd and record it straight on to it while you watch. Great for films off box office etc..

Guest TheOrder

Nice one.

Hmm, seems a bit of a hassle getting the duck-eggs from Sky back around again. You reckon I could just get away with buying a DVD recorder with a large hardrive?

No, I'd definately recommend getting plus, just saying that you only get the full use out of it if you get a DVD recorder and vice versa.

Say you bought a film off box office, Plus automatically records it I think after you buy, then all you do is stick a blank cd into the recorder, access  the film through your plus library, hit record and turn the telly off = TV quality DVD.

Plus you have to buy CD's and stuff with just getting a DVD recorder and you have to set it each day to record what you want, which gets a bit faffy, I tried it a few times and it's not worth the hassle.

Well worth letting those duck-eggs at sky muddy your carpet IMHO.

• 1 year later...
Guest samantha1989

we got sky+ last thursday. was really worried that i wouldn't have a clue how to use it but it's great.

its brill being able to record daytime tv (the best films are always on when i'm in work) so in the evenin theres always somethin to watch  O0  i got my sky box for half price with iamaspammer.co.uk the only problem is my series link doesn't seem to work. think that it may be because neighbours has just gone from bbc one to five and so sky didn't pick it up...  :angry:

also the white remote is a million times better than the boring sky one  :clap2:

was going to get virgin v+.

starting using bbc i oplayer and channel 4 on demand and realise i didn't really need it..so didn't. not enough decent stuff to watch was a deciding factor.

if you really need to pause neighbours or celebrity hairdressers strictly on ice you really need some quality chemicals.