Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

14 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

"We're aware of the strengths they're going to have but ultimately we're going to Arsenal to win the game. Our aim is to go there, nullify their strengths the best we can but ultimately to go and score goals to give us the best chance of winning the game."

:pedro:

What is this defeatism, bring back Bruce!

Bird made it obvious he was going to do that. He wrote "It remains to be seen if Howe will claim his symptoms started before the test last Friday" in his article pre press conference. He set his stall out, he was going with the angle that Howe was going to break the rules. 

Bird is the one thing Kinnear was right on imo. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Where's this from?

Troll account: 

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wilson to miss this and the two must wins with covid. 

Check your fucking sources, man.

15 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I only glanced the tweet at first then my feed refreshed, so I assumed it was one of those "Shouldn't have been tweeted" things and had been quickly deleted. 

My bad guys. 

Don't EVER do that again.

1 hour ago, xLiaaamx said:

Bird made it obvious he was going to do that. He wrote "It remains to be seen if Howe will claim his symptoms started before the test last Friday" in his article pre press conference. He set his stall out, he was going with the angle that Howe was going to break the rules. 

Bird is the one thing Kinnear was right on imo. 

Not as high profile a cunt as Edwards, but can’t fucking stand Bird the smarmy cunt.

3 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Simon Bird's question towards the end equally as stupid, scrutinising Tindall over COVID protocol. It's got NOTHING to do with him :lol:

Used to quite like Bird but my god he's turned into a bit of insufferable prick. Probably cos he works for the mirror 

9 minutes ago, Magpie said:

I possibly wouldn't play Wilson tomorrow. One booking away from a suspension isn't he? Would rather we definitely have him for Norwich.

Unless he's been warned to behave himself

I see where you’re coming from but that’s basically a guaranteed defeat. I wouldn’t expect any manager to go for that, especially when new are trying to build momentum. 

41 minutes ago, Magpie said:

I possibly wouldn't play Wilson tomorrow. One booking away from a suspension isn't he? Would rather we definitely have him for Norwich.

Unless he's been warned to behave himself

Need our best players out there regardless.

I'd be more comfortable with Wilson against Arsenal, and then maybe he gets a yellow and we have to play someone like Gayle up front against Norwich. But maybe he doesn't and we have Wilson for both.

No more defeatist attitude around here anymore! :lol:

If we're as open as we were against Brentford then we're in for a long afternoon. Arsenal aren't close to what they once were but they can still knock it about and create massive problems. Pressing is great but there needs to be a balance tomorrow, too many players caught upfield and they'll cut us to ribbons. A result is more than possible but we're not going to get it by opening it up and trying to match them in a very end-to-end game of football, because if we try and do that then we'll lose comfortably imo.