Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

6 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

We’re playing away to the the team that is 5th. Did you expect the same?

Of course not. But I expected more than thistbh. A higher press and just a bit more of an adventurous outlook. Especially after Tindall’s words in the presser about going there to score and win. 

I don’t mind the general approach of defence, but the players we have are inevitably going to concede at least 1 or 2 against Arsenal. 

Not sure what the plan with the ball was though, we’ve just been unable to do anything. 

Missing Richie and Lascelles might actually help. 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Another one in the long long long list of shite performances from NUFC, we have been absolute diabolical, no excuses to play this way.

Think this is a bit harsh tbf.

First half we done what we had to and kept a clean sheet despite the ref stacking the deck against us.  Not saying we've played well but I'm not sure I expected this squad to do much more against Arsenal away :lol: The squad just simply isn't good enough.

Edited by Wilson

Just now, ManDoon said:

I mean surely Howe must see the analytics with Ritchie? Why is he getting picked 

Only thing I can think is he envitioned him and ASM being able to link up going forward if given a bit freedom or something but just wasn't full aware of how shite his squad was.

Our lineup wasn't setup for 5% possession or whatever daft it's been :lol: 

Just now, Wilson said:

Think this is a bit harsh tbf.

First half we done what we had to and kept a clean sheet despite the ref stacking the deck against us.  Not saying we've played well but I'm not sure I expected this squad to do much more against Arsenal away :lol:

It’s absolutely madness.

not sure what he was expecting tbh

Guest neesy111

Teams have started to play differently to ASM this season, he's certainly getting crowded out more.  Though he should be getting played out wide.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Only thing I can think is he envitioned him and ASM being able to link up going forward if given a bit freedom or something but just wasn't full aware of how shite his squad was.

Our lineup wasn't setup for 5% possession or whatever daft it's been :lol: 

Ritchie has created something like the 4th most chances in the PL this season. From a stats point of view that masks how shite he is when you use your eyes.