Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Hate to say it because it's early days but this is not really any different to the games under Bruce this season.

Don't really understand sticking with 3 CBs when it includes a championship right back in there and we actually don't have any proper wing backs. Absolutely hate this system with these players - just amplifies all our biggest weaknesses.

Today yes, not against Brentford.

This is why I wanted Jones gone, we needed a proper clean break.

Just now, r0cafella said:

That’s the thing, clearly Wilock is very talented but but not as part of a central midfield two. He’s a forward thinking player who has no bravery so pairing him with Shelvey at this level is just poor selection. 

hopefully Howe learns from this as doesn’t try it again against a side which is much beater than we are and love to overload The Central midfield. 

Aye it's him, joelinton or almiron behind Wilson.

Hayden has to be alongside shelvey who wasn't bad tbf.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I don’t care, we have been shit, are shit, and deserve this. Ducking abysmal performance again!

Dragging Howe into it earlier on though? Howay :lol:

He's been locked in his hotel room all week and we're playing a fairly competent side with an infinitely better squad than ours. 

We are shite, and that's not in doubt. Can we be less shite than Norwich on Tuesday? That's all that matters at the moment. 

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

What exactly were you expecting mate?

A performance, not a win, just something, this is a nothing performance again, again and again and again. 

That was wank, that was pretty much straight from a Bruce style performance, I don't get why the players where so static, it has to be a mentality thing with the players. We where pretty class last week in attack, and today we didnt look like we could string 2 passes together. Feels like a hangover from the Ashley era. Given he's been in a hotel all week, happy to give how the benefit of the doubt, but that was a tough watch. Think it just boils down the the players in defense and central midfield just not being good enough.

Pathetic performance in that 2nd half.

Dubravka only player that look good.

Howe needs to learn from his mistakes quickly and who is shit and how they can play. Shelvey and Willock for example, two games in a row is insane, no protection for the defence at all, especially when our fullbacks/ wingbacks are shit.

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

Dragging Howe into it earlier on though? Howay :lol:

He's been locked in his hotel room all week and we're playing a fairly competent side with an infinitely better squad than ours. 

We are shite, and that's not in doubt. Can we be less shite than Norwich on Tuesday? That's all that matters at the moment. 

Where have I mentioned Howe? The man has an impossible task and this isn’t his fault, but I won’t abide by this kind of absolute diabolical performance no matter who it’s under. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Aye it's him, joelinton or almiron behind Wilson.

Hayden has to be alongside shelvey who wasn't bad tbf.

I agree Shelvey wasn’t but if your playing with a ASM and a Wilock you probably want two very defensively minded central midfielders. (Which we currently don’t have :lol:

I'm pretty certain we played 4-4-2 in the first half, like. We then switched to 343 when Murphy and Almiron came on.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but feels like we should've been from the off at a team rocked last week. Thought the subs were too delayed as well when it was obvious things hadn't changed 10 mins past half time.

Didn't expect anything from this one really so hasn't changed my mind much.

Started two wing backs who can't defend, started a CM passenger in Willock, those are my biggest annoyances.

Ultimately though we were always losing this but I expected us to get after them a bit more, this is a replica of what would have happened under Bruce really.

Early days, and things will likely improve but I fear its too late, Norwich game is absolutely massive and I can see us falling short again.