Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

We get relegated easily with the squad, don't think we will even be close to getting out the bottom 3 with it, we'll still be cut adrift.

Don't see us signing any good players at all to help us survive when we are in that position either.

We are fucked.

Switched off after the second goal but up to that point I think what I found most frustrating was there was clearly a Howe influence in the attempted style of play, but they just couldn't keep it up.

The players wanted to keep the ball, they'd play a few neat triangles here and there. Then Arsenal would press even just slightly and suddenly the ball was back to either Dubs or the full backs to lump up to the Arsenal defence. They just don't know what to do when they've held it for any length of time.

Really liked how they started with some strong pressing but they just couldn't keep that up, either. 

I think/hope it'll come with time. Fingers crossed they can use the next two games for confidence. Honestly, I'm seeing Lascelles and Ritchie out as a blessing.

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Against Brentford we looked like we couldn't defend, still the same today.

They scored 2 world class goals! Other than that I can’t remember Dubs being troubled too much? Ritchie let his man go a few times but that’s to be expected because he’s shite! 

The expected result but a very disappointing performance, very disjointed. Defensively wasn't actually a shitshow, probably thanks to Dubs, and they had to score two worldies, but we had nothing in midfield. It was complete domination, from personnel and also worryingly from tactics.

ASM back into running down blind alleys and Wilson feeding off scraps, so strong echoes of Bruceball. Two strong penalty shouts, but we can't rely on them, especially not with what some people think of our new owners. He must have known it already, but Eddie Howe and his team have a real job on their hands. The suspensions with force a change and I hope they can make it a positive one.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I get that he likes 4-4-2 but we don’t have the midfield for it right now, if we had like a Tiote figure then sure. That mid is Swiss cheese it’s fucked 

You need at least one of cover and strength in wide areas or CMs who are tasked to get over and help. We have none of those. 

That said, it’s not like they had hundreds of good chances, but they only really needed a couple. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I think for the most part the tactical plan worked btw, it was to not concede early and to be more expansive as the game goes on, its just the issue is the players can't seem to switch there mindset and mentality midgame, and get stuck in the defensive rut, that Bruce has so lovely instilled over the last 3 years. We just have a team of people who are very slow to react, at this level, and pretty much 80% of them are Championship quality. 

Just now, worthy said:

Ritchie just can't start anymore. He is the worst defender on the planet. The goal where he wasn't even remotely close to being on the offside trap was shocking

Because he isn't a defender to be fair. He shouldn't be anywhere close to his own box, should be a winger getting forward.

Which Newcastle players make the first XI for Arsenal? Probably one. Two, max. So losing away from home against this team whilst the manager is trying to revolutionise the way you play from his hotel room is hardly a surprise.

I’m the biggest EH fan there is - so much so that I came up to SJP for Brentford (a game that you win 19 times out of 20 playing like that btw - you can’t do anything to plan for their first and third goals) and I’m coming back for Burnley (coz Eddie stayed in bed for Brentford). 

Got to give the guy some time and money. Two quality fullbacks absolutely transforms your team. In Eddie Howe teams, your two fullbacks are arguably your most important players - the way they overlap with your inverted wingers is the conduit for most of your attacking play. And he’s got literally nothing to work with there at atm. Not sure I’ve ever seen a top flight team so short in this department.

Just now, CherryPie said:

Which Newcastle players make the first XI for Arsenal? Probably one. Two, max. So losing away from home against this team whilst the manager is trying to revolutionise the way you play from his hotel room is hardly a surprise.

I’m the biggest EH fan there is - so much so that I came up to SJP for Brentford (a game that you win 19 times out of 20 playing like that btw - you can’t do anything to plan for their first and third goals) and I’m coming back for Burnley (coz Eddie stayed in bed for Brentford). 

Got to give the guy some time and money. Two quality fullbacks absolutely transforms your team. In Eddie Howe teams, your two fullbacks are arguably your most important players - the way they overlap with your inverted wingers is the conduit for most of your attacking play. And he’s got literally nothing to work with there at atm. Not sure I’ve ever seen a top flight team so short in this department.

Not sure there’s ever been a PL team that have invested so little over such a long time. Or if they did, they got relegated in season 2 and were never seen again.

We’ve somehow maintained a championship squad in the PL for a few years now. Problem is that every other team is decent these days. 

You just have to listen to this studio ref justifying the non-penalty decision to realise how they stick up for the Big 6 teams when it suits them. A fair shoulder charge when the defender wasn't even looking at the ball when he clattered Wilson. :lol:

New manager been in charge for 2 games and people complaining that nothings changed. Player for player Arsenal had more quality. Half of our team just aren't good enough but we have to put up with it for now and hope we pick up some points. Get behind the team and the manager 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

Shearer shredding the defence, main problem according to him and Wright

He's right, it's shambolic.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Worst bit about that shite justification was 'Wilson is off balance'. Aye, he was off balance because a cunt come in and full pelt barged into him. :lol:

Makes you wonder why they even bother with VAR. We could arguably have had 3 penalties if it wasn't left to the opinion of the ref. 

To be honest, I felt that was deserved that loss. We looked clueless, a bit of Bruce crept back in to quite a few of the players mentality, perhaps with Eddie not being around the training ground all week.

We must buy solid fullbacks in January, the level of cover ASM struggled to provide to aging midfield come wingback Ritchie, was eye watering for Arsenal, Saka had a field day with Tomiyasu. 

Equally on the other flank, failing with Fraser, Tavares having the freedom of the Emirates. 

In reality we have used three wingers as wingbacks for far to long now, its desperate, and it needs sorting asap.

Edited by mighty__mag