Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

New manager been in charge for 2 games and people complaining that nothings changed. Player for player Arsenal had more quality. Half of our team just aren't good enough but we have to put up with it for now and hope we pick up some points. Get behind the team and the manager 

Agreed, and it's amazingly reactive to say nothings changed just because a team that is better than us in every aspect just out played us when you look at the way we played against Brentford.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Singled out Lascelles

I've hardly ever rated him last 3 seasons.

I think he's rubbish in general, has bit of Steven Taylor about him.

Just can't believe the almost insurmountable shit show we have been left now Ashley et al have gone.

No amount of coaching is going to suddenly transform this squad, it's just too limited.

We can hope for better performances than those under Bruce, but we are so lacking in nearly every department it feels an uphill struggle.

There were times where I wasn't sure which way we were attacking such was the frequency we turned back on ourselves.

I think Howe got a lot wrong today, really disappointing performance tbh.

Only positives were Almirons cameo and Dubravka 

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

likely just paranoid but starting to think there actually is an agenda against us.

some of the reffing decisions again us man.

I've genuinly thought the same with the way our fixture list has fallen. I cant possibly think of a worse run to have than ours during the busiest period of the season. 

We still got it all to come as well. January cant come quick enough imo

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was surprised how lax we were and how little we attacked. 

Impact of Howe not being present at training all week maybe?
I know he's been heavily involved but nothing beats the manager being there taking control.

Just now, Robster said:

Impact of Howe not being present at training all week maybe?
I know he's been heavily involved but nothing beats the manager being there taking control.

Possibly. But I’d be surprised if Tindall wasn’t completely aware of what we were supposed to be doing all week.

I think he just got it wrong today, in selection and tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Possibly. But I’d be surprised if Tindall wasn’t completely aware of what we were supposed to be doing all week.

I think he just got it wrong today, in selection and tactics. 

As long as Ritchie keeps starting as a lwb, his selection is always wrong imo. I just can't understand what Lewis and Manq have done to not be even near the squad 

Just now, worthy said:

As long as Ritchie keeps starting as a lwb, his selection is always wrong imo. I just can't understand what Lewis and Manq have done to not be even near the squad 

I worry Ritchie and Fraser may be a bit too much of a favourite of his. I hope not, because that could be very damaging for us.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I worry Ritchie and Fraser may be a bit too much of a favourite of his. I hope not, because that could be very damaging for us.

I dont think they will be his favourites but he probably sees them (and Wilson) as shortcuts to the team identity that he wants, they know what he wants and expects so should set the standards for the others. Im guessing both will quickly be replaced if they arent doing the job he needs from them though

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I dont think they will be his favourites but he probably sees them (and Wilson) as shortcuts to the team identity that he wants, they know what he wants and expects so should set the standards for the others. Im guessing both will quickly be replaced if they arent doing the job he needs from them though

If the job of Ritchie is stretch the offside trap so it doesn't work and gifting goals, I worry about Howes plan :lol:

Could tell Eddie Howe was pissed off. When asked if he thought the players switched off he didn’t defend them, said “you’ll have to ask them that”

I think they reverted to what they were doing before which will have annoyed him more so. The manic pressing from the very start isn’t sustainable throughout a game so they need to learn to contain teams in the first 10 minutes without knackering themselves. Fitness did look a bit better though.

ASM looks like he needs a rest, even just to the bench for next game.

And Lascelles.. at least Ritchie you can make excuses for not being his position but that second goal, Lascelles was looking right at that player ghosting in and stood there like a statue until was too late.

Seemed a bit reluctant to play it long which when we did caused their defenders some bother - I don't mind the playing out from the back but without a midfielder who can transition the play we get overrun - willock and shelvey aren't that type of player - Haydn for me and maybe mix up the play a bit more

How the fuck do Ritchie and Krafth keep getting a game. They are absolutely a massive liability every time they fucking play. Surely Howe has watched previous games to see where the problems lie. Playing these two is a guarantee that goals will be conceded.