Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

How the fuck do Ritchie and Krafth keep getting a game. They are absolutely a massive liability every time they fucking play. Surely Howe has watched previous games to see where the problems lie. Playing these two is a guarantee that goals will be conceded. 

That is a concern for me despite it being only 2 games into his reign, it’s blatantly obvious these 2 aren’t anywhere near the standard.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

That is a concern for me despite it being only 2 games into his reign, it’s blatantly obvious these 2 aren’t anywhere near the standard.

Couldn't agree more.  Ritchie terrifies me with his non defending and I have no idea what Krafth does.

I think the answer to Ritchie and Krafth is that they think they are in the best 11, which worries me deeply. If true well, the job is fucked. If not true, what is wrong with their eyes. 

Only way out of this is spunking money left right and centre, doing everything possible in the training and coaching time and hoping for the best. Too many of these players were barely good enough before they were past it. The defence is chronic, slow, accident prone, bad on the ball except Schar who is a fanny. There is nowhere near enough mobility all over the pitch and about 3 nothing footballers get minimum 70 minutes every week. 

32 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

How the fuck do Ritchie and Krafth keep getting a game. They are absolutely a massive liability every time they fucking play. Surely Howe has watched previous games to see where the problems lie. Playing these two is a guarantee that goals will be conceded. 

Ritchie can provide decent delivery when he gets into forward positions, but he's useless defensively....because he's not a defender.

Krafth can defend somewhat, but he provides nothing going forward. Manquillo should be starting ahead of him. 

The problem is we have no one in the squad who can defend and overlap effectively. They are either good at one aspect or the other. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

I think the point is, he doesn't have the luxury of getting to learn from his mistakes like other new managers do.

He needs to get it right, very quickly. 

It’s this really. I’m not being negative I’m calling it for what it is, not good enough so far. Brentford looked better than what we’ve seen previously but it still wasn’t enough to get over the line. His job is to keep us up and that’s what I’ll be judging him by. 

Ritchie is at fault for the majority of goals we concede and I think every opposing team is aware of that. We concede so many from our left because he's got zero awareness of what is going on around him, or staying with who he's meant to be marking. Barring that he rarely wins the ball back when they're on the edge of the area, but just stands there like Dummett or Clark would.

Lewis hasn't been great but I think by now he deserves a chance to show what he could do under Howe's management until January.

Ritchie is an absolute liability at left back and Manquillo is by far our best right back.

I don’t need to be paid millions or use analytics to see that. It also doesn’t take a genius to realise there should have been a defensive midfielder in there today.

Was pleased to see Darlow and Clark dropped but there we’re some alarm bells ringing with that line up today. I want to see attacking football as much as anyone, but it needs to be organised and disciplined.

Fully back Howe but they just haven’t got time to learn on the job, if he’s been watching us for weeks as implied he should already be aware of a lot of the failings.

Edited by Whitley mag

Guest neesy111
13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Ritchie is an absolute liability at left back and Manquillo is by far our best right back.

I don’t need to be paid millions or use analytics to see that. It also doesn’t take a genius to realise there should have been a defensive midfielder in there today.

Was pleased to see Darlow and Clark dropped but there we’re some alarm bells ringing with that line up today. I want to see attacking football as much as anyone, but it needs to be organised and disciplined.

Fully back Howe but they just haven’t got time to learn on the job, if he’s been watching us for weeks as implied he should already be aware of a lot of the failings.

Did enjoy captain fantastic putting his hand up for this goal as well. :lol:

22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm sure Ritchie was in the top 5 chances created in the league only a few weeks ago.

Must be the reason he's in the team as he's dreadful defensively

I have no problem with him being in the team, to some degree. But he’s not a fucking defender.

If we put Wilson at LB, I’m sure he’d be exposed defensively too.

36 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm sure Ritchie was in the top 5 chances created in the league only a few weeks ago.

Must be the reason he's in the team as he's dreadful defensively

The problem is though, he gets rinsed fucking time in and time out, costs us goals like crazy, our defense is by far the worst aspect so it makes no goddamn sense that someone getting payed to be a manager just lets him carry on, cost us a goal today, cost us a goal against brentford. I mean what does Howe see as worthwhile to stick with when most teams just target him and get free chances?

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Ritchie can provide decent delivery when he gets into forward positions, but he's useless defensively....because he's not a defender.

Krafth can defend somewhat, but he provides nothing going forward. Manquillo should be starting ahead of him. 

The problem is we have no one in the squad who can defend and overlap effectively. They are either good at one aspect or the other. 

Sorry disagree totally that Ritchie provides decent delivery mind (1 cross in about 10) and that Krafth can defend. At the end of the day both have been responsible for countless goals and should be nowhere near the team. 

Edited by et tu brute

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Didn't expect us to win but I'm sure most people were hoping to see some signs of progress. There weren't any. I think we'll draw with Norwich and lose to Burnley.

There are definite signs of progress... But fair enough if you choose to ignore them like. 

Honestly I'm not too positive about them games either, need a win from both... But I don't see it. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

There are definite signs of progress... But fair enough if you choose to ignore them like. 

Honestly I'm not too positive about them games either, need a win from both... But I don't see it. 

I was actually at the game today.

Arsenal's pressing was very very good and we just couldn't get out effectively to counter often enough when we won the ball back, especially in the first half.

I loved the fact they were trying to play out though. I think that mindset is ultimately going to fare us well and pay off far more effectively in the next two fixtures.

6 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

There were times where I wasn't sure which way we were attacking such was the frequency we turned back on ourselves.

I think Howe got a lot wrong today, really disappointing performance tbh.

Only positives were Almirons cameo and Dubravka 

Almiron was gash. 

16 minutes ago, magorific said:

Almiron was gash. 

Nah, he did what he does best and advanced the ball further up the pitch which didn't happen at any point during the game prior to him coming on, thats a positive for me cos there's something to build on. 

27 minutes ago, magorific said:

Almiron was gash. 

Almiron provides work rate, pace, and ball carrying ability. What he doesn't give you is end product, so never really been a fan of using him as a sub when we are behind. I think he should start and Fraser should come on if we are behind.