Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

19 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Ritchie is a massive liability, but Manquillo has been fucking pony every time he's played on the left.

The only reason I can think of to play Murphy ahead of Manquillo is that Murphy can sort of sometimes hit a decent set piece, and has a marginally better cross. I don't agree (at all, actually - I think Manquillo would solve a lot of problems if he replaced Murphy) but I'm not the one making the big bucks...

Think Shearer highlighted on motd Ritchie not stopping the cross yet again which led to goal. I agree he must be dropped this weekend when he’ll be up against the likes of Saka and Smith Rowe. I really don’t see how Lewis can be any worse defensively and he’s got a bit pace which where crying out for.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Even though I'm expecting nowt, still really looking forward to this. Howay.

They we’re the days if I remember correctly we went to White Hart Lane and beat Spurs the following weekend aswell with another Beardsley special.

Edited by Whitley mag

Going to this.  First game since Southampton at home under Benitez.  I think that Saturday and this are the first times I've actually looking forward to watching us, since Benitez.  

I've always liked Arsenal as a ground to visit and for an away day.  Been a few times to watch NUFC and also to other Arsenal games.  Plenty of pubs around the ground and easy to get to, for me.   

It might just be a bit of optimism hanging around after the takeover and because Bruce has finally been fucked off.  But I think we are capable of getting something.  When you look at their results and a lot of their performances in even a slight bit of detail.  I think they're a bit of a paper tiger and I don't think they've been particularly good the whole time Arteta has been there.  

All that said, if we afford them as much time and space between the lines as we did against Brentford.  Then with the calibre of players they have, it could be a massacre.  

Arsnal are correctly fairly favourites, we're talking a team in fifth v bottom of the league, but personally I wouldn't touch it at the short prices going:

i) Arsenal'a defence is poor, even with a fairly impressive home record they've conceded six in six and look very susceptible to the high press. Their insistence in playing it out from the back will provide opportunities.

ii) it was very evident v Brentford, Howe wants us playing higher up the pitch. While this could result in the odd hiding, against sides such as Arsenal it may result in a fair bit if joy, due the above, at least in an attacking sense we should cause problems. Even prior to Howe we have scored in 5 of 6 away games due to our attacking threat.

iii) On previous visits to North London, we've sat back and waited for the inevitable, its quite frustrating when Arsenal are and have been vulnerable at the back. This weekend we'll have a go. 

So while Arsenal are rightfully favourites and we could well get soundly beat, I certainly wouldn't pile on at the prices going.

Edited by The Prophet

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Arsnal are correctly fairly favourites, we're talking a team in fifth v bottom of the league, but personally I wouldn't touch it at the short prices going:

i) Arsenal'a defence is poor, even with a fairly impressive home record they've conceded six in six and look very susceptible to the high press. Their insistence in playing it out from the back will provide opportunities.

ii) it was very evident v Brentford Howe wants us playing higher up the pitch. While this could result in the odd hiding, against sides such as Arsenal it may result in a fair bit if joy, due the above, ar least in an attacking sense we should cause problems. Even prior to Howe we have scored in 5 of 6 away games due to our attacking threat.

iii) On previous visits to North London, we've sat back and waited for the inevitable, its quite frustrating when Arsenal are and have been vulnerable at the back. This weekend we'll have a go. 

So while Arsenal are rightfully favourites and we could well get soundly beat, I certainly wouldn't pile on at the prices going.

Just checked - 

1/2 Arsenal

4/1 Draw

31/5 Newcastle

3-1 to the toon - 80/1 - I'm going to keep doing this - all season - one's got to come up - and good return for only £1.

32 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Arsenal are fifth? How the fuck did that happen? :lol:

They are beating the weaker teams but getting outclassed by the best. They are Big 6 in name only now, reckon they will finish outside of the the top 6 personally. They certainly aren't a threat to the title challengers any more. 

On 22/11/2021 at 10:44, HaydnNUFC said:

Even though I'm expecting nowt, still really looking forward to this. Howay.

Forgot all about this match. Phillipe Albert man :lol: Why is he even in the box to win a penalty just before half time and was bombing forward and in the box when Fox got the third. Never see centre backs like him again :lol:

I think we'll lineup in Howe's more typical 4-4-2 system as Arsenal do not play a back three like Brentford did. I also think we'll be better for it. Looking forward to this one. Think we could get a result against them.

Edited by KaKa

14 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Just checked - 

1/2 Arsenal

4/1 Draw

31/5 Newcastle

3-1 to the toon - 80/1 - I'm going to keep doing this - all season - one's got to come up - and good return for only £1.

:thup: I fancy us to win this - Arsenal are so hit/miss atm.

59 minutes ago, duo said:

:thup: I fancy us to win this - Arsenal are so hit/miss atm.

Before the Liverpool loss, their last defeat was in August?. They are in the same home form as Man City and Chelsea.

Wish we were that hit and miss.