The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

21 minutes ago, Robster said:

Losing away to Arsenal won't decide our fate.
We have a hell of a challenge ahead of us, no one can deny that, but it can be done. It just needs everyone connected to the club, that's players, coaches and fans, to believe that we can do it.

It will decide our fate. Regardless of opponent, we need wins. We've played so many mid table and bottom half teams without winning that we simply have to pick up at least 2 or 3 "shock" wins.

13 league games, no wins, no clean sheets. Anything less than 6 points from the next two makes it all but impossible.

A '9' for me. The problems from the Ashley regime and totally laid bare now. No place to hide and I'm not sure Eddie can work the required magic.

As I said in the match thread, if relegation comes, the playing side of the club needs gutting and starting again.

Nudging up to an 8.1 now, we're not done but the season rests on these next 2 fixtures. 6 points and I'll move down to a 3ish, 4 points and it'll stay an 8, anything less than that and it's all but done. 

Genuine crunch time. 

Guest reefatoon

Wasn’t expecting a victory today, but we look a completely defeated team. With this current lot of players we are absolutely fucked and going down. Can we attract the players in January who can come in and creat a miracle and stay up? Doubt it. 

Was hoping the takeover was going to rekindle my love of football, but I am always just totally bored and distracted through every game. Football really is a total shite watch now. 

Hopefully we can get some enjoyment back in the championship next season, see a few wins and some decent football.

Meh, my football enjoyment days are long gone.

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Wasn’t expecting a victory today, but we look a completely defeated team. With this current lot of players we are absolutely fucked and going down. Can we attract the players in January who can come in and creat a miracle and stay up? Doubt it. 

Was hoping the takeover was going to rekindle my love of football, but I am always just totally bored and distracted through every game. Football really is a total shite watch now. 

Hopefully we can get some enjoyment back in the championship next season, see a few wins and some decent football.

Meh, my football enjoyment days are long gone.

Mate this will take time , it’s so us to go down which we will , there is zero chance to comeback from this start .

Is what it is , I will be going now no matter what , this is us with proper owners , proper manager we now need some proper players .Takeover happened at a tricky time but ultimately we got it , we now move on and we all knew this would be tough to stay up . These players are shite in the main and to get several new ones will be in itself tough let alone to gel.

We HAVE to collect 6 points now , no ifs or buts .

That Spurs game was huge from a momentum perspective. Had Bruce been binned off, the 'fresh start' effect could have taken off from there.

As it is, we've had so many stutters - the previous week with Howe and Covid being a classic example - we've simply not been able to generate that slingshot momentum that could have seen an improvement in results/performances.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

That Spurs game was huge from a momentum perspective. Had Bruce been binned off, the 'fresh start' effect could have taken off from there.

As it is, we've had so many stutters - the previous week with Howe and Covid being a classic example - we've simply not been able to generate that slingshot momentum that could have seen an improvement in results/performances.

Which is why it was weird so many on here were unable to see the poor decision it was to not bin Bruce.

The owners got that wrong, I think from what they’ve said publicly since then, they probably know that themselves.

24 minutes ago, toon25 said:

There simply aren't 3 worse teams than us this year.

Maybe not today but funny things can happen in the second half of the season.
If we can get in amongst, or close to the bottom group, by Feb, our presence will have other teams looking over their shoulders and it can easily affect their nerves and performances.

Got to keep believing.

Just now, Scoot said:

We'll find out if we're going down or staying up in the next 7 days. Norwich and Burnley will decide what happens to us...

That’s really only if you believe we can only beat bad teams. And if you believe that, we could go down even if we beat those two. 

It would be a massive boost though, don’t get me wrong. 

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s really only if you believe we can only beat bad teams. And if you believe that, we could go down even if we beat those two. 

It would be a massive boost though, don’t get me wrong. 

As it stands, we can't beat anyone...