The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

No chance of staying up. We’ve the wrong kind of manager to turn this squad around (I’m not saying he’s a bad manager by the way, but we needed to be Rafa-like to become hard to beat first and foremost)

I have made my peace with us going down at the start of the season with the previous regime. Anything other than that will be a welcome surprise. Obviously this time next week is crucial in the grand scheme of things. We need a win from somewhere just to change the mentality. Hopefully we can win on Tuesday as that can be a catalyst for the weekend. But if we take 4 points from the next two, that won’t be the end of the world 

Maybe I should start believing relegation is inevitable as well. If I manage to convince myself of this within a few weeks it'll be great to celebrate the impossible achievement by the end of the season

I've pretty much accepted that we will be going down tbh. We have one of the worst starting XIs and squad in the league, we ship loads of goals and we're totally unfit. Anything other than a relegation will be a bonus, but I can't see it tbh.

We're only now seeing just how bad the situation is. The organised, disciplined defence he inherited, the morale and motivation was always going to carry Bruce a certain distance, it was inevitable that the regression of the squad wouldn't start immediately and he managed to spin it out for a year or so. It's blatantly obvious now though that any semblance of fitness, organisation and motivation disappeared some months ago and its going to take time to get back to par. 

All the pundits who preached at the great job Bruce was doing were FUCKING WRONG. We knew it but they wouldn't listen. We knew it wasn't sustainable, we saw the signs but they willfully fucking ignored it. It's going to take time and a shitload of money to solve this and I honestly don't know where we'll finish. All I do know is that Howe needs to clean up Bruce's shithouse mess before he can start to put things right. It's not a free pass but it's a hell of a job he's got on his hands, not quite sure enough people realise it. 

The next two games are must wins (Norwich/Burnley) and if we get on a run we could pray for an away result at leicester. The 2 mancs will beat us, then everton and southhampton which we might get something from. I would say 6 to 9 points max until the second week of jan when new recruits (scouted and signed on 1st jan) might be bedded in. Let´s say 12 points in jan, I still think we will be in the bottom three and a good six points or so from the nearest teams... 

We have a decent run of games where we could pick up points in Jan Feb (watford/leeds/villa/brentford).

Fingers and toes crossed! Come on Eddie, make yourself a hero!

We will not be signing anyone on January 1st, clubs and agents hold out for later in the month for higher prices.

the idea of having an improved first team bedded in before start of February is a delusion 

We need 17 or 18 points going into January. Wins against the next 2 are a must and could do with a couple of draws from Leicester, Liverpool, 2 manc clubs and a win against Everton or Southampton. Can't see it, could maybe see a home draw against Man U or against Leicester.

We look pretty fucked but stranger things have happened. If we can't beat Norwich on Tuesday we are done and may as well start planning for next season

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

He does. But even despite the situation he left us in, we should (and will imo) stay up.

If we don’t. Bruce will obviously be partly to blame, but Howe will have a lot to answer for too.

Not for me 100% Bruce to blame

Howe gets off scot free unless he gets us out and let’s us fall back in.

17th is going to be an achievement of the same level as Pards getting 5th. 

we can stay up but it is going to be very very hard.

presently the expectation of Howe is that we are a stable PL team in 23/24. We can revise that if we stay up this season but for now that’s the best we should be expecting