The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No it's not. They didn't wait several years and loads of legal action to sell us a few months later.

Selling at a loss just because they don't fancy a year in the championship, after trying to buy the club for 2 years does seem a bit of a stretch. Even then, who would buy it?

I'm pretty certain they all knew we were in trouble before actually going through with the purchase tbh

21 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Well until all three owners come out and say that 100% they wouldn't sell the club if we get relegated, it's always a possibility.

True professionals and driven folk that are determined and have a never say die, persistent winning mentality would never say such things until it was mathematically guaranteed. They wouldn’t want to give anyone a sniff that there is room for complacency because the money bags owners are here to stay whatever!! They aren’t going anywhere. This is a vision to build us up to world dominance by 2030. After all they’ve put up with and still hung in there, 1 year in the champo (and if you believe it would be longer with them at the helm you’re on crack) is not going to put them off. It’ll be a pot hole in the road on their planned journey for us to be up there with Chelsea and Man City. That is there dream, vision and desire. It’s happening!! O0  :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

On 29/11/2021 at 18:14, Away Toon said:

Well until all three owners come out and say that 100% they wouldn't sell the club if we get relegated, it's always a possibility.

That's my thinking too. I don't feel that I can really trust this lot yet. Folk assume that the moneybags will just keep replenishing but if something more appetising than Newcastle United comes along, they could easily decide to ditch us. Yes it's a pessimistic outlook, but as I say, I've not seen enough from them to make me really feel confident.

There's a glimmer but it's little more than that. You can't start a season without winning any of the first 14 games and genuinely expect to stay up. We're horrific, the cracks that Bruce papered over are now well and truly terminal. 

It'll take a miracle to get out of this now and it's almost impossible to argue it's not thoroughly deserved. Go down, rip it apart, storm the Championship and go again in 2 years time is about as much as we can hope for. 

That's it for me. We need to spend these final few months of the season making sure we can hold onto the likes of Wilson, ASM, Dubs, Fernandez etc so we can piss the league and come back up again. Anyone we're signing in January needs tied into the Championship season as well. 

I understand a lot of you think we're far from down but we're 14 games in with no wins and this squad don't look like they could beat Sunderland ffs. We haven't got a chance in hell of picking up the 8 or so wins we need to stay up, not if we had 40 games left in the season. 

10 - you have an entire defence no matter who plays, will then game after game make at least 3 or 4 basic fucking mistakes. Howe picking fucking Clark also is doing nothing to suggest my prediction that he will be an absolute disaster. 2 points at home against newly promoted teams is nailed on relegation

Edited by et tu brute