The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

But we need to win games and we don’t look capable of doing that.

We absolutely do look capable of winning games like. Could/should have won against Watford, Saints, Brentford and Norwich. 

A 7 or an 8 for me.

Think it's a fair bit more likely that we'll go down than not but if the money is there for serious investment in January I think we have the manager and enough to work with in the squad already to give it a good go. Might not be enough but I expect us to still be fighting until the last few games.

People voting 10, man. You're basically saying you think it's 100% impossible to stay up? Just miserable  :lol:

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Well Burnley and Southampton have both already played them twice, both are above us and both have games in hand on us.

We've had one of the easiest sets of fixtures going and the results are:

0 Wins

Most goals conceded

Bottom of the league 

It's not defestism, it's realism. No team in PL history has stayed up from this position. Our chances of survival probably range from 0%-5%.

Tell the bookies that. They disagree with you. Maybe they’ve decided to start losing money.

Still think it’s mad that people get lost in the fact everyone has to play everyone twice and have a different sequence of fixtures.

Some might say it’s great we play Liverpool and Man City at the end of the season because they may be on the beach with nowt to play for.

Maybe Burnley and Southampton are therefore at a disadvantage. Who knows.

That’s the point of it, anything can happen in the next 24 games and we’ve got just as much chance as anyone.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

A 7 or an 8 for me.

Think it's a fair bit more likely that we'll go down than not but if the money is there for serious investment in January I think we have the manager and enough to work with in the squad already to give it a good go. Might not be enough but I expect us to still be fighting until the last few games.

People voting 10, man. You're basically saying you think it's 100% impossible to stay up? Just miserable  :lol:

No, they’re voting 10 based on thinking we will go down, not basing it on possibilities. People are allowed to recognise that there is a chance to stay up whilst at the same time thinking we won’t take that chance.

Just now, et tu brute said:

They have not put any rules in yet on the sponsorship and Newcastle are on that group also. If any rules come in that are against competition and restraint of trade, then I'm quite certain Newcastle will take them straight to the courts and win. You can't accept a takeover and then try and stop the club under these owners being allowed back in because of relegation. That boat has long sailed.

They’ve literally just put a moratorium on it until they can make up the new rules. They’re making it all up on the fly. 

Masters leaving while we are down isn’t beyond the realms of possibility. We all know that the big (6 or whatever the hell you want to call the teams that are calling the shots) put pressure on to appoint their man who would do their bidding and they could do it again with an even tighter remit to keep us out or hamstring us in some way even if they let us in. 

The risk is there and plain to see. It’s a massive massive risk. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

No, they’re voting 10 based on thinking we will go down, not basing it on possibilities. People are allowed to recognise that there is a chance to stay up whilst at the same time thinking we won’t take that chance.

That doesn't make any sense but I've had that conversation before in these threads. :lol:

Just now, LV said:

They’ve literally just put a moratorium on it until they can make up the new rules. They’re making it all up on the fly. 

Masters leaving while we are down isn’t beyond the realms of possibility. We all know that the big (6 or whatever the hell you want to call the teams that are calling the shots) put pressure on to appoint their man who would do their bidding and they could do it again with an even tighter remit to keep us out or hamstring us in some way even if they let us in. 

Bollocks is it man

While tonight's result is an absolute downer and things look rather bleak next month, there's still that hint of hope in my mind that we'll stay up - we've improved little by little as a team so call it blind optimism or whatnot but once we become a real cohesive unit with Howe's ethos fully instilled (and with the right individuals in the team), I can see our fortunes changing.

For the first time in a long time, all fans are fully into it all again with a sense of hope. The fans will be just as important as the players.

It's going to be tight finish come May and it won't be pretty along the way but I'm still just about of the opinion that we'll stay up.

4/10 atm.

Just now, LV said:

I don't see any risk in us being banned from spending money in January. More risk that no one wants to come here but money should take care of that, world is full of players that could improve us.

Just now, Pata said:

That doesn't make any sense but I've had that conversation before in these threads. :lol:

Of course it does. Some people don’t use the 0-10 as probability. If the options were Yes or No instead of 0-10 people wouldn’t argue with posters voting yes.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Bollocks is it man

You’re being hugely naive

The big 6 were wetting their knickers that they hadn’t been consulted about our takeover going through. If you think this is some kind of level playing field democracy you’re wrong. The game has changed and they don’t want competition any more. 

Of course it does. Some people don’t use the 0-10 as probability. If the options were Yes or No instead of 0-10 people wouldn’t argue with posters voting yes.

Maybe they should stop being dimwits and use it properly then. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I don't see any risk in us being banned from spending money in January. More risk that no one wants to come here but money should take care of that, world is full of players that could improve us.

We can spend money in Jan, it’s getting sponsorship money that’s the issue.

My point is that if they can restrict us doing that then they can have another bite at the cherry of restricting us in coming back up.

Its a realistic possibility whatever anyone says. 

Just now, LV said:

You’re being hugely naive

The big 6 were wetting their knickers that they hadn’t been consulted about our takeover going through. If you think this is some kind of level playing field democracy you’re wrong. The game has changed and they don’t want competition any more. 

No you are or very stupid, one of the two. There is not a cats hell chance in a million that this would be allowed legally in a court of law. Even if they did try (they won't), it would get thrown out immediately.

Genuinely don't see how anyone can vote less than an 8. 

Rock bottom after 14 games, winless all season including the cup, worst defence in the league, need to score twice to have a chance of getting anything etc.

We've failed to beat any of our relegation rivals so far, and realistically need 31pts from our last 24 matches - top 8 form. 

It'll basically take at least 4 surprise results now, and i just don't see this team doing it.  We needed 7 points minimum from Brentford, Norwich and Burnley, right now that'll be max of 5. 

10 for me i'm afraid. More likely to sell in January, than sign any decent players - who will want to come? 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Maybe they should stop being dimwits and use it properly then. 

What’s the point in the poll then? If it’s simply based on the scientific possibility of us going down rather than opinion?

Will ASM score 5 goals in the next game? 0-10? You can’t vote 10 though, as technically there is a chance. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No you are or very stupid, one of the two. There is not a cats hell chance in a million that this would be allowed legally in a court of law. Even if they did try (they won't), it would get thrown out immediately.

You don’t even think they’d try?

Like I said, naïve. 

What’s the point in the poll then? If it’s simply based on the scientific possibility of us going down rather than opinion?

Will ASM score 5 goals in the next game? 0-10? You can’t vote 10 though, as technically there is a chance. 

I wouldn’t vote 10. Why would I be 100% certain of ASM scoring 5 goals in one game?

I’d probably vote 2. Which allows for the slight possibility of it happening.

Edited by Fantail Breeze