The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

So here’s a random question. 

We get relegated showing a slightly improvement and Rafa becomes available. 

would you stick with Howe or bring Rafa back?

Howe , Rafa ship we had and sailed , leave it there for him and us .

I don’t think we’ve got much of a hope of staying up now if you look at the games we’ve played and the games we’ve got left to make it to the half way point. 

Bruce will somehow escape blame for any of it too. 

If there’s even a chance we have to beat Burnley for a start and then follow it up with some unexpected results in December. 

Im still more hopeful about the us now under Staveley/Howe than I’ve been since Rafa left. Regardless of whether we go down or not. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

So here’s a random question. 

We get relegated showing a slightly improvement and Rafa becomes available. 

would you stick with Howe or bring Rafa back?

The timing of his Everton appointment and our takeover makes me feel like it's somewhat fate and I've made my peace with Rafa not managing the club again.

Whether we consider replacing Howe in general? I don't even want to speculate on that as it depends entirely on how much fight/improvement/hope for the future we see by the end of the season.

Edited by wormy

SATURDAY, 4 DECEMBER 2021

Newcastle15:00Burnley                       3 

SUNDAY, 12 DECEMBER 2021

Leicester14:00Newcastle                    0

THURSDAY, 16 DECEMBER 2021

Liverpool20:00Newcastle                   0

SUNDAY, 19 DECEMBER 2021

Newcastle14:15Man City                    0

MONDAY, 27 DECEMBER 2021

Newcastle20:00Man Utd                    0

THURSDAY, 30 DECEMBER 2021

Everton19:30Newcastle                       1

SUNDAY, 2 JANUARY 2022

Southampton14:00Newcastle             1

SATURDAY, 15 JANUARY 2022

Newcastle15:00Watford                       3

SATURDAY, 22 JANUARY 2022

Leeds15:00Newcastle                          1

WEDNESDAY, 9 FEBRUARY 2022

Newcastle19:45Everton                        3

SATURDAY, 12 FEBRUARY 2022

Newcastle15:00Aston Villa                    1

SATURDAY, 19 FEBRUARY 2022

West Ham15:00Newcastle                    0

SATURDAY, 26 FEBRUARY 2022

Brentford15:00Newcastle                     1

SATURDAY, 5 MARCH 2022

Newcastle15:00Brighton                       3

SATURDAY, 12 MARCH 2022

Chelsea15:00Newcastle                        0

SATURDAY, 19 MARCH 2022

Newcastle15:00Crystal Palace              3

SATURDAY, 2 APRIL 2022

Tottenham15:00Newcastle                     0

SATURDAY, 9 APRIL 2022

Newcastle15:00Wolves                          3

SATURDAY, 16 APRIL 2022

Newcastle15:00Leicester                        1

SATURDAY, 23 APRIL 2022

Norwich15:00Newcastle                        3

SATURDAY, 30 APRIL 2022

Newcastle15:00Liverpool                      0

SATURDAY, 7 MAY 2022

Man City15:00Newcastle                       0

SUNDAY, 15 MAY 2022

Newcastle15:00Arsenal                        0

SUNDAY, 22 MAY 2022

Burnley16:00Newcastle                          1

Total + 7                                                  35   

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This forum is convinced we are relegated why not throw in another hypothetical. 

Aside from showing the desperate relationship we seem to have with Rafa  it's ones like that start the jungle drums up for the inevitable 'Geordies are hounding out another manager by xmas' 

I personally wouldn't go there, not even hint it 3 games in to a new managers reign. 

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Aside from showing the desperate relationship we seem to have with Rafa  it's ones like that start the jungle drums up for the inevitable 'Geordies are hounding out another manager by xmas' 

I personally wouldn't go there, not even hint it 3 games in to a new managers reign. 

Desperate relationship? I mean such comments seem rather Over the top. 

And caring what the media and pundits think isn’t something which concerns me, they are joint to cast us in whatever light boosts revenue. 

Although, I must admit my hypothetical question is Ill timed despite the nature of it. 

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Desperate relationship? I mean such comments seem rather Over the top. 

And caring what the media and pundits think isn’t something which concerns me, they are joint to cast us in whatever light boosts revenue. 

Although, I must admit my hypothetical question is Ill timed despite the nature of it. 

OTT for me is asking would we have an ex manager back 3 games in to the new managers reign but each to their own.

Edited by Dokko

Still think we'll survive. It's just the 1st day of December. Not the 1st of April. 2 wins and the table will look a lot better. Some are going on as if the team is still being managed by Steve fucking Bruce and his fellow Steves. Even the stinking Bruce somehow managed to fluke scoring 4 goals and win at Leicester last season when least expected, with the same players that we have right now.

Edited by nufcjb

56 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Aye. RTG levels in here sometimes.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Dokko said:

3 games in and people are talking about replacing Howe with Rafa. [emoji38]

[emoji38] Aye. It’s fucking madness.

2 hours ago, Collage said:

December will be rough but it’s the period after that will decide our fate when we play Soton, Watford, Leeds, Everton, Villa, Brighton

I don't understand this take. The period from August until now has all but decided our fate. If December is rough as you say (and as we all expect) we'll be looking at a maximum of 13 points from 20 games.

It isn't impossible, but we need to accept nobody has ever survived from the position we're in before.

We need the gap to be 6 points or less come the Southampton game.

It is win or bust against Burnley.

Until we get that first win, hopefully on Saturday, we can't even think of taking X amount of points from the next X amount of games.

It's 1 game at a time, if we beat Burnley, I'll believe we can beat Leicester and if that happens we could then pull off a shock against one of City or Liverpool.

If we don't beat Burnley, the road to 36+ points looks all but impossible.

For me the most important thing is that the club affects me again. Years of apathy are now gone.

Before the game last night I was shitting myself all day. I've not been as angry in years as when Clark got sent off. I celebrated Wilson's pen like a little boy. Felt like crying when Norwich scored.

We might get relegated, but I know these owners will do everything possible to avoid that. I also know that they'll do everything they can to get us straight back up and make us a force in the top flight again.

It might set us back a few years, but honestly I don't really care that much. In fact I'm quite relaxed about it as I know we'll be back sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

For me the most important thing is that the club affects me again. Years of apathy are now gone.

Before the game last night I was shitting myself all day. I've not been as angry in years as when Clark got sent off. I celebrated Wilson's pen like a little boy. Felt like crying when Norwich scored.

We might get relegated, but I know these owners will do everything possible to avoid that. I also know that they'll do everything they can to get us straight back up and make us a force in the top flight again.

It might set us back a few years, but honestly I don't really care that much. In fact I'm quite relaxed about it as I know we'll be back sooner rather than later.

Amen. Those two years under Bruce were easily the most miserable I've ever been. Sounds like a contradiction given that I didn't actually care - but I hated that I didn't care; it really got me down, cos being a Newcastle fan (for better or worse) is a massive part of my identity and has had a profound effect on my life, both directly and indirectly. 

Just to be feeling again is such a relief. 

It’s great to care again, however I’m not one of these who don’t seem to mind if we go down. I will be gutted if we do because for the first time in 14 years we had a chance to compete and who knows how long it would take to get back up.