The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Im still concerned that if we get relegated the other EPL clubs will collectively collude to amend the O&D test in our absece to ensure PIF are excluded from being a director once we are promoted back to the EPL.  Its therefore essential that we ensure the EPL are not given the opportunity to effectively cut the clubs supply of financial support from PIF.

So the Premier League have stated that the Saudi state and PIF are seperate, so what are the other clubs going to disquaify PIF on, without immediately falling foul of UK law concerning anti-competition and restraint of trade? With them being officialy seperate (according to the Premier League), how can they also amend the O&D test to disqualify PIF? UK law is a lot more powerful than the Premier League clubs that's for sure and I'm also pretty certain that the Government (trade partners with KSA) would also stop any attempt. Absolute pie in the sky concerns.

Edited by et tu brute

Still think we’re in deep shit but if we can get through the brutal run of fixtures coming up and still be within touching distance of safety I’ll change my mind.

If we can’t get a win in the next five then it’s one win in 20 which doesn’t bode well but if we’re reasonably close to 17th for that run of decent fixtures between January and March then we have a chance. 

Didn't realise Leeds had Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal all in December. There's a few six pointers dotted around featuring our rivals as well. 

I'd say there's a reasonable chance that 17th will still be in catching distance even if the rest of December goes horribly. 

Dec 30th we play Everton, then it's Southampton, Watford, Leeds, Everton, Villa, West Ham, Brentford, Brighton. As long as we're in touch, we do have winnable games in that run. So important we won today, thank fuck we did. [emoji38]

Still well and truly in the shit but the table looks a little kinder than it did this morning. We will probably need a freak result over Xmas to stay in touch but 4 points in a week has made it much more doable now. 

Still livid at Clark for Tuesday night, I reckon his utter fucking stupidity cost us another 2 points. 

On 03/12/2021 at 18:33, et tu brute said:

So the Premier League have stated that the Saudi state and PIF are seperate, so what are the other clubs going to disquaify PIF on, without immediately falling foul of UK law concerning anti-competition and restraint of trade? With them being officialy seperate (according to the Premier League), how can they also amend the O&D test to disqualify PIF? UK law is a lot more powerful than the Premier League clubs that's for sure and I'm also pretty certain that the Government (trade partners with KSA) would also stop any attempt. Absolute pie in the sky concerns.

The EPL  have only accepted that PIF is separate from the KSA state because yhey received written assurance of such.  All they need to do is undermine that written assurance by casting reasonable doubt upon its veracity and therr are your grounds to disqualify PIF!