The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

This team is simply not good enough. We need to buy at least three new players to stay up. If we don't, we're down. Next two weeks will make or break the season.

Insane that we still only need one win to get out of the relegation zone

Theres a mistake in every single player, that is costly, and balanced with not being clinical or confident going the other way, equals disaster. 

Have got to accept a win was far to important. 6 minutes of extra discipline, and it wasn't there.

Articles will be written come end of the season, analysing the perfect storm of circumstances that resulted in our relegation. A late takeover that botched any overhaul, the delay in sacking Bruce, the Emery business, Howe getting Covid for his first match in charge, a January window spent at the foot of the table meaning that targets were reluctant, a possible pay disparity that led to some current players being disgruntled (speculation on my part). We’re circling the drain here but it seems like we’ve had absolutely rotten luck throughout.

I think today was the pivotal moment. Win and we'd have had the huge psychological bonus of being out relegation zone, had some momentum as we start the run of (supposedly) winnable games and been a more attractive prospect for potential signings. Can't see any way out of it now.

Go down, ditch as much of the squad as possible and rebuild, even if leaves us in championship for another few seasons we need a total wipe. I am not convinced by Howe yet but he has inherited a total shit show. There are no current players I would be particularly sad to lose.

1 minute ago, Willow said:

I mean, is it possible we can get out of this at all?

What are the reasons we should get out of it? I see none. Better players yes, but then you must replace the whole defence, and midfield. Thats not happening so i see no reasons why we can get out of it.

3 signings could change our fortune but with this squad, we are relegated. It's that simple.

A quality defender

A quality midfielder

A quality attacking player/striker

Bare minimum.