The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

If Watford beat Burnley, we go 5pts behind them with a much worse GD.

Watford then play Norwich before we face Leeds - its not impossible we could be 7pts behind Leeds in 17th when we play them next weekend.

Guess we need Watford to draw both games against Burnley and Norwich. Norwich haven't given up yet at least.

Every single statistic about us makes us deserve to be where we are - 4th worst scorers, 2nd worst defence, least wins, 2nd worst GD, 1 win in 22 games inc cups, 3pts from 9 games away, record PL goals conceded in a calendar year. Championship players.

Edited by Karjala

We're lucky that the other teams are so bad that we're still in touch having won 1 game all season. We need to splash on at least a CB and a solid midfielder because everything about us atm points towards relegation. Fucking livid btw, all the support these players are getting and they haven't responded whatsoever. So shit. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Really struggling to see the positives at this point. 

The football side of the club needs gutting from top to bottom. 

Only chance we have is for minimum 3 (I think 4 or 5) new players to come in. The owners have to stop fucking around for players who are not available and agree fees (even if they have to pay over the odds - too much move on) and get them in hopefully this week. We have three very winnable games coming up if new players are recruited. The onus is very much on the owners now if they want to stay in this league. Pinnacle week I feel coming up. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Only chance we have is for minimum 3 (I think 4 or 5) new players to come in. The owners have to stop fucking around for players who are not available and agree fees (even if they have to pay over the odds - too much move on) and get them in hopefully this week. We have three very winnable games coming up if new players are recruited. The onus is very much on the owners now if they want to stay in this league. Pinnacle week I feel coming up. 

Aye, the only chance we have is if we go absolutely mental and in the rest of the window. Even if we do, who’s picking the players? The set up just isn’t in place taking this long to get a DOF in is really hurting us. 

If we want to hit 36 points we need to up our ppg to 1.33.  That sort of form would have got you 11th / 12th place last season.  Not impossible but not likely unless we see some major changes.

The Worst Midfield In The World™ needs to be brought up on trial in Geneva for crimes against humanity then broken up and the pieces scattered to the four corners of the earth, never to be spoken of again.  Shelvey and Longstaff should not be on a football pitch wearing our colours again.  If they are, we're down, 100%.

We're gone!  We won't win any the next 4. I can't see us getting a win against a hard-working Leeds team. Everton will have a new manager by time we play them, Villa are much much better than us now with their new signings. West Ham are immeasurably better than we are and will comfortably beat us.

Any new signings coming in might make a slight difference but unless we bring in 5 more so we can change both CBs, both CMs and a insanely good forward then it'll be a drop in the ocean of crap.

It's hard to argue that we aren't already gone and tbh, if Watford get 4 points from their next 2 games and Leeds beat us it will be all over.

To even have a remote chance we need to sign 2x CB, a LB and a CM that can actually get around the pitch.

In addition, with all respect to Wood who I think is a solid signing, the new players will need to be a level up on him, more of the Trippier ilk.

I agree , look at the players being talked about in the threads man , shouldn’t be still pissing it up at the club .

Lascelles 

Shelvey. (Back to being him) 

Longstaff 

etc 

all championship players at best , still here, still and always will be shite .

Going down, no doubt about it, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. This is the result of letting Rafa go, replacing him with Bruce and still having a predominantly Championship side from when we got promoted. It’s a shite state of affairs all-round. It will be fun next season, no doubt!

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Going down, no doubt about it, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. This is the result of letting Rafa go, replacing him with Bruce and still having a predominantly Championship side from when we got promoted. It’s a shite state of affairs all-round. It will be fun next season, no doubt!

I get it I really do, but we aren't cut adrift yet so there is still hope.

But that hope is purely based in New recruits and soon. If that doesn't happen then this current team is relegated, possibly even bottom if Burnley win any of their 20 games in hand.

3 hours ago, NE27 said:

I get it I really do, but we aren't cut adrift yet so there is still hope.

But that hope is purely based in New recruits and soon. If that doesn't happen then this current team is relegated, possibly even bottom if Burnley win any of their 20 games in hand.

Hope is all we ever have in football as fans really, but the truth of the matter is form, stats and the fixtures. We are not staying up!

Edited by HTT II

Yep - you can't go into must win matches get a draw and then hype the next game up as must win - eventually you run out if time and yesterday was pivotal because even Norwich are better than us and if Burnley scrap a few results from games in hand we are rock bottom

Agree with neesy, about 7.5.

There have been teams in the past looking worse than us and in worse predicaments that have survived. The longer it goes on with performances so passive while we can't turn draws into wins, the more worrying it gets though. 

58 minutes ago, worthy said:

We are done. Howe can't save this. He loves his Shelvey and Lacelles too much. If we go down I'm afraid he will have us fucking about middle championship.

There's literally no alternative to Shelvey and Lascelles, unless you regard Hendrick as an alternative 

And that is a huge factor as to why we are in this mess

Howe should have identified that and demanded a new midfield, though we have no idea if he has done that

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

We're still 6/5 with 365 to be relegated, think I may be tempted to place one of my largest ever bets

Had a score in my 365 account so whacked that on. £44 back in my account come May time will not soften the blow. But I may as well benefit financially!