The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Still all depends on the business we do in the next few weeks for me. Nail it and I still think we could survive reasonably comfortably, the teams at the bottom with us are absolutely fucking turgid and they aren't going to suddenly turn into prime Barcelona. 

3 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Still all depends on the business we do in the next few weeks for me. Nail it and I still think we could survive reasonably comfortably, the teams at the bottom with us are absolutely fucking turgid and they aren't going to suddenly turn into prime Barcelona. 

It depends as much what Watford do. Could be almost 10 points behind next week. Then it doesn't matter who we bring in.

If it does absolutely become 3 from 4, which is currently looking nailed on, and towards the end, that became more of a 2 horse race between us and another, say Watford, then the run in could be a bit of a concern. I may be reading too much into it, but if someone like Leicester were guaranteed 8th, 9th, 10th etc. with a couple of games to go, couldn't do any better, or any worse, not much incentive, it will be in their better interest for us to go down as we would be more likely to be a direct contender to them in the short term, as in an 8-10 side for a couple of seasons, and then potentially ease off against Watford, whereas teams like Southampton would be going hell for leather to beat us in a similar type of match.

I'm thinking 8 at the moment, largely because of the possible above scenario - if there were one or two others potentially in the mix then it would be nicer, but it really is eggs in one basket type of stuff regarding our rivals.

Edited by Paullow
Added a comma

Yes, you are reading too much into it.  I’m confident that Leicester City are not going to ease off in games against your rivals to reduce the chances of you competing with them.

First test is getting players in. Second test is getting points out of February. Fail on both counts and you’re screwed. Fail on one and it’s gonna be tough. Succeed in both and I think you’re going to be ok.

I’ve been fairly agnostic about whether or not we stay up this season, even after the new owners came in. Relegation is not a death sentence, particularly for a club that will easily weather the financial hit.

Think this week is absolutely massive. Im currently at about an 7 as we can't just win games. Watford have Burnley on Tuesday and Norwich at home on Friday before we even play Leeds. If they win both those games we will be eight points from safety come kick off on Saturday which is very alarming and I'd prob be at a 9.5/10 if we lose to Leeds

Get a decent defender and midfielder in and somehow stay in touch with Watford (no more than 3 adrift) after next weekend I'll go down to a 5

For weeks/months we've continued this "if we beat *insert next opponent* and get 5 points from the next 4 games" and at no stage have we managed that. Likewise, we've been having "must win" home games for at least 8 weeks, and won 1 of them. 

Amazingly, despite failing at every opportunity, we are still not mathematically out of it, but i fear we've missed our chances and a gap will begin to grow soon. I thought Leeds and Everton might get dragged into it, but can pretty much rule that out now. 

Watford have 2 matches before we go to Elland Road, can only hope there's not a 6pts gap (with worse GD) by the end of next weekend.

5 hours ago, Magpie said:

We're still 6/5 with 365 to be relegated, think I may be tempted to place one of my largest ever bets

Watford are 8/15!!!!

5 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Had a score in my 365 account so whacked that on. £44 back in my account come May time will not soften the blow. But I may as well benefit financially!

Think I might do the same 😐

2 hours ago, TheHoob said:

I keep hoping there will be a game when things just seem to 'click', but it just never seems to happen beyond brief 10/20 minute spells. Frustrating as fuck. I hope any incoming transfers will change that, but the rot is just too deep for me

Still plenty of points to play for, not cut adrift but what we're seeing on the pitch is worrying, we're circling the drain. Can't really put a number on it until we see what players we're working with in February anything now is reactionary.

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Just looked at Brentford’s results and there’s not many games where they have picked up points in that you would be confident of them repeating the trick in the return games.

can really see them finishing on 30-35 points maximum and they are not safe by any stretch of the imagination 

How many points do you think 18th place will require, and how many do you think we will get?

12 from 20 so far, i think it would be a huge ask for us to get 21 from the last 18, and indeed even 18 from 18 will be tough. That means Brentford only need another 7 to 10 points from their final 17 games, which is definitely achievable. Leeds have too much and Everton will be safe too.

Its down to 3 from 4. We missed a huge opportunity on Sat against Watford, and could well be cut loose within the next week.

Edited by Karjala

I'm torn. On one hand we are utter cross. We don't look like winning and just can't hold on to a lead. We offer nothing to the PL and in my eyes, deserve to go down. 

Unbelievably, we are within touching distance of at least Watford and that gives me a modicum of hope. It show how s**t the bottom half of this League is. For me, I have reluctantly accepted we are going down but that blow is softened by the fact that I think we'll stay up.