The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Karjala said:

The numbers don't lie, this is our worst squad we've ever had, still using players we signed to get us out of the Championship.

1 win in 20

Worst defence in a PL calendar year in history

3pts away from home in 9 games

home loss to Cambridge

The 2 seasons Rafa was here we stayed up basically on our defensive record (conceding 47 and 48) - this season we've already shipped 43 in 20.

Bruce's first season was pretty much saved by defenders scoring

Bruce's second season was saved by Willock signing and going on a record scoring run (we were 17th 3pts above the drop before he started)

We somehow need another Willock to get us 8 goals between now and the end of the season. Wood? Lingard?

You're right that 1 win in 20 is horrific but we've pretty much drawn half of our games (9 draws in 20). Fair few of those draws could have been wins. Fine margins. A lot of teams win games they don't deserve and we need to learn to win ugly. Whether it's holding onto leads, taking our chances, or through a bit of luck and better ref decisions (ha!)

Norwich have shown how 1 week can turn around the season. I would argue we don't need lots of signings. Quality over quantity. It's a confidence game (just look at Norwich) and 2 signings in key positions can give the whole team a lift. We don't need to be a good team, we just need to be the best of 4 shit teams. It's easier to deal with the nerves saying we're down but it's going to go right to the wire I think. The bookies have us evens and I think that's fair odds at the moment.

Honestly, this is one of the worst group of bottom four teams I've ever seen.

End of January and Norwich, comfortably one of the shittest PL teams ever for the majority of the season are out of the relegation zone on -32 GD.

Beggars belief. We're fucking shit but if one of Watford, Burnley or Norwich stays up ahead of us Howe wants immediately peddled and the owners have had an absolute nightmare. 

Slight chance that Everton and Brentford will be dragged into relegation worries too. Hopefully we can get new signings in and a few more wins on the trot, then go clear in the next few weeks.