The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

We still need incoming players, but things are looking up. Clean sheet, away win etc.

I'll stick on 8 because we're still in a league where three out of four go down. Two good signings and it's down to six, even without kicking the ball.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Makes last week's result seem not so bad now. I'd have took 4 pts from 6 before these last two games if offered. 

Just said the same thing.  Would have rather not gifted a point to a relegation rival, but 4 points from those two games is a great return.

Bet365 updated odds

Norwich 1/4

Watford 1/3

Burnley 8/15

Newcastle 13/8

A great opportunity for 'insurance' money for those into that sort of thing, but looking so much better now after both last night, and obviously today's results. Hopefully get a few more in, beat Everton in 2 and a half weeks, and push on.

58 minutes ago, TRon said:

Makes last week's result seem not so bad now. I'd have took 4 pts from 6 before these last two games if offered. 

No it WAS a bad result mate , today was a massive bonus . HWTFL

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Bet365 updated odds

Norwich 1/4

Watford 1/3

Burnley 8/15

Newcastle 13/8

A great opportunity for 'insurance' money for those into that sort of thing, but looking so much better now after both last night, and obviously today's results. Hopefully get a few more in, beat Everton in 2 and a half weeks, and push on.

I know sod all about odds. Are we the favourites here? 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Didn't realize that if we beat Everton next game, we'll only be a point behind them. Feels pretty mental that. 

We've come a long way since 3pm today [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

Pleased for him, he's a likeable bloke but he needed a win desperately and he got a fairly unlikely one just before the window ends. Points on the board, table looking healthier, still a week to get another 3+ through the door if possible in the next week. Bit of a break to rest and recover then straight back into it. 

Huge, massive 3 points today and suddenly everything looks rosier. Still need to push on from here though, it's a huge boost but still a massive job to stay up. 

1 minute ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

Favourites to stay up, yes.

If you put say £80 on the 4 to go down individually, you would get:

Newcastle - £130 profit, £210 return

Burnley - £42.66 profit, £122.66 return

Watford - £26.66 profit, £106.66 return

Norwich - £20 profit, £100 return

So you get less back from those 'odds on (first number smaller than the second) as those scenarios are perceived to be more likely. Norwich are still considered most likely to drop at this stage, despite them probably looking in the best position, with more points on the board.

33 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

As percentage probability to get relegated it would be:

Norwich 80%

Watford 75%

Burnley 65%

Newcastle 38%

So currently the odds imply we are more likely to stay up then get relegated

Guest neesy111
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Everton going down would be one of the top 3 moments in Premier League history (sorry, Neil). Should have went down that season instead of Sheff Utd.

Us and Leeds the others?