The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I think it'll be Burnley, Norwich and Watford if we buy well this week. I'd love to see Everton go down but I think they'll pull themselves together. 

Them having the likes of DCL are massive to stopping up but another injury or another shit appointment they’re fucked.

28 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think it'll be Burnley, Norwich and Watford if we buy well this week. I'd love to see Everton go down but I think they'll pull themselves together. 

They’ll have to do it with the current squad or maybe a complete punt on a player nobody has heard of as they have no manager or DoF to get things done.

lose to us and it’s brown pants time, not sure of too many of their players have a scrap in them.

still going Brentford though, but it won’t be comfortable for Everton

I don't see Brentford going down

They are currently 8 points from 18th with a better GD, they just need the odd win here and there which they've shown they are capable of

Their next 3 home games are Palace, us and Burnley. They'll win at least one of those 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I don't see Brentford going down

They are currently 8 points from 18th with a better GD, they just need the odd win here and there which they've shown they are capable of

Their next 3 home games are Palace, us and Burnley. They'll win at least one of those 

Shades of Hull the season we went down. They looked home and dry about now yet they were a shitty deflection from going down in the end. I could see them getting sucked into it.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Shades of Hull the season we went down. They looked home and dry about now yet they were a shitty deflection from going down in the end. I could see them getting sucked into it.

The thing that will work in their favour is that it will need 2/3 teams to really up their form and for Brentford to do nothing for them to get dragged into it 

And so far only Norwich have won back to back games 

I think it will remain between the bottom 4 but if we beat Everton we can make them squirm a bit 

This weekend has been massive. Watford were like evens to beat Norwich, and we were about 10/3 or something to beat Leeds, so I had visions that we would have been 4 or 5 points behind Watford, having played a game more, but instead, we are just a point behind Norwich, with us having the game in hand instead - 2 huge results. Obviously a lot of work to do, but it's looking so much better now, and great timing with the couple of weeks break and should be in a better position regarding transfers.

I'm around a 5 at the moment.

I was 8.5 after Watford and thought we were totally dependent on incomings. I've seen enough shite out of us to not be moving too far down due to one win but hopefully it helps the players with confidence they can see games out. I'm 7.5 now but we're still hugely reliant on incomings. Not totally, though. He HAS to drop Lascelles now, it's getting ridiculous and I really don't want to be looking back on a relegation that could have been avoided with some smarter team selections e.g. Darlow, Clarke, and Lascelles (every fucking week).

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

How we feeling after Burnley’s point? I’m a bit meh

Same here. They are toothless. 

I had a look on their forum and they don’t really seem to be close to any signings, despite being linked to a couple of names such as Ramsey, which I can’t see happening.

Hopefully they don’t capitalise on that £25m. 

Edited by Danh1

2 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Not arsed one bit about it. Hopefully another shitty draw for them when they play Watford next. 

Agree , I’m not stressing as draws is no good for them tbh, yes it was Arsenal but they shithouse these results all the time 

Just now, Danh1 said:

Same here.

I had a look on their forum and they don’t really seem to be close to any signings, despite being linked to a couple of names such as Ramsey, which I can’t see happening.

Hopefully they don’t capitalise on that £25m. 

I believe the owners are skint and have trousered the money 

22 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Would be absolutely glorious if we drag the scouse mackems into a proper relegation battle mind.

Really? I've always had a lot of time for Everton. For me the ideal 3 to go down are the most likely (besides us).  Norwich (no bad blood, I just think I'll impact them the least), Burnley (for the banner and the dodgy way they were bought) and Watford (Southern, sort of London nothing club who fire managers as soon as they change their underpants).

12 minutes ago, GWN said:

How we feeling after Burnley’s point? I’m a bit meh

It doesn't bother me too much. We've moved two points ahead of them this weekend.

Their games in hand are v Watford, Spurs and Leicester, so I can't see them picking up too many points there.

0 and No to the two questions. Mainly because I rate Eddie Howe that highly. I know he likes the high press and you probably have the worst midfield in the PL in terms of suitability for high press, but I think he will find a way. Win against Everton and the momentum should carry you through.

Edited by rgk_lfc