The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Still dont think we are going down.

Howe is learning exactly who he cab rely on.

Rather that was now than March or April tbh.

He should have learnt before tonight that Clark isn’t good enough 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We haven’t won in 14 games and have a horrific run of games coming, it’s realism not defeatism.

You can discount the first 11 games though. The season started against Brentford.

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The fucking defeatism on this thread is pathetic.

Keep your head in the sand, if this was a club you didn't support you'd have them dead and buried, everyone would. We have played nearly every other team in the league, four of the five that we haven't played are away to Liverpool, Everton, Leicester and home to City, which are all probably games that we will set up to get a point similar to Arsenal away. Points aren't good enough at this stage now, we need to be finding three points in games.

We need to beat about 8 teams at least to stay up now, who are they going to be? We can't keep clean sheets and look shot to shit after about 70 minutes. It isn't pathetic to think we're in serious trouble and we're probably going down, its being realistic. 

Edited by Decky

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Keep your head in the sand, if this was a club you didn't support you'd have them dead and buried, everyone would. We have played nearly every other team in the league, four of the five that we haven't played are away to Liverpool, Everton, Leicester and home to City, which are all probably games that we will set up to get a point similar to Arsenal away. Points aren't good enough at this stage now, we need to be finding three points in games.

We need to beat about 8 teams at least to stay up now, who are they going to be? We can't keep clean sheets and look shot to shit after about 70 minutes. It isn't pathetic to think we're in serious trouble and we're probably going down, its being realistic. 

Well, if that’s the case (which it’s not). Why are we not the clear odds on favourites for relegation? Not even 1/2 ffs.

Because, you’re wrong, and a total drama queen.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

People in here a beyond a joke. Absolute bunch of fanny's man. Win on Saturday and we are likely only 3 points from Safety.

You know the other teams haven't played mid week yet? So we need them all to lose and then lose again at the weekend for us to be 3 from safety. Then we're:

Away to Leicester.

Away to Liverpool.

Home to Man City. 

Away to Everton.

Home to Man United.

3 from safety this weekend means fuck all the bigger picture is where will we be in January when we can buy players and we'll be miles away regardless of what happens against Burnley this weekend. 

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

People in here a beyond a joke. Absolute bunch of fanny's man. Win on Saturday and we are likely only 3 points from Safety.

Last I checked 13 points isn't safety, i assume you mean relegation zone on league mind, but if you think we will keep that gap till january you havent checked our fixtures.

I still think we're capable of winning ten games before the end of the season. I don't think we're a terrible team; I think we're a below average team that makes terrible mistakes. Cut them out and we'd already have four more points from the last two home games; there's still opportunities left in this season to reduce the suicidal errors and get the wins we need. 

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

Remind me how many points people in here thought Fulham were going to get last season :lol:

Had Fulham been taken over by mega rich consortium with huge ideas, a toxic cloud lifted from the club and a new manager?

As I said earlier, comparisons are completely worthless.

We are having wretched luck at the minute but I firmly believe at some point we are going to go on a little run of unexpected results and turn this round. We would have won that today with Clark still on the pitch, no question. 

Edited by pedro111

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, if that’s the case (which it’s not). Why are we not the clear odds on favourites for relegation? Not even 1/2 ffs.

Because, you’re wrong, and a total drama queen.

Aye course I am. I wish I was as deluded as you, life would be a lot easier. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

No head in the sand here, I am well aware that we are in very serious trouble and look more likely to go down than stay up at the moment. The difference is I am not writing us off. We are in a unique position whereby we can outspend every team in January. If we are still no more than 6 points adrift on January 1st I give us every chance of staying up. I''m not interested in the stats of what has happened in seasons past. 

Call it defeatism or reactionary, pathetic or whatever, I'm just curious on how people think we are going to do something that no other team has managed to do since the early 90s to avoid relegation? Genuine question?

Edited by 1892er

Considering the way I was called out last time, I thought I’d preemptively state that I’ve moved my vote from 1 to 2.

In my mind, it’s shifted from “we’re staying up” to “we’ll probably stay up”. Fail to win against Burnley and it will go to 3.

Just now, Decky said:

Aye course I am. I wish I was as deluded as you, life would be a lot easier. 

Can you not explain the odds then?

Why does nobody else think we’re certain for relegation like you said they would? 

Have a cup of tea and calm down. Come back on here in a couple of weeks and you’ll not need to get so worked up.

Does feel like draws in Howe's two home games this far are possibly gonna be killer.

I do think he'll turn the team into a decent unit who can play but we're massively behind the 8 ball already.

We really could do with a couple of things going our way. A bit of luck would really be fucking nice right now. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Had Fulham been taken over by mega rich consortium with huge ideas, a toxic cloud lifted from the club and a new manager?

As I said earlier, comparisons are completely worthless.

I was making the point that people massively overestimated Fulham, people had them winning loads, while underestimated us. Cos people in here always wank themselves over being the most pessimistic in the hope that at some point they'll be right and can say 'see, I was right, it was *certain*'

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Love those who 'tell it how it is' and say we're down and any other opinion was wrong. :thup: Think it's time for another temporary exile for meself. :lol:

I'm with you on that. There's nothing wrong with thinking we're going down, it's a distinct possibility.

That said pausing mid-game to come in here and tell everyone we're doomed, along with certain folks getting on the managers back already, I'm not really sure where to start.