The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Useless stat of the day, we’ve now played 7 of the 9 bottom half teams and not lost to any of them

On the flip side we have played 8 of the 10 top half teams and only picked up one point

If that ‘form’ continues we will end up on 26 points (23 points from bottom half, 3 from top half). 

Would be funny if Everton went down but they won't. They've got enough individual quality to stay out of a scrap and Benitez will either arrest the slide and dissipate the toxicity or they'll just replace him. Dunno who with mind.

27 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Useless stat of the day, we’ve now played 7 of the 9 bottom half teams and not lost to any of them

On the flip side we have played 8 of the 10 top half teams and only picked up one point

If that ‘form’ continues we will end up on 26 points (23 points from bottom half, 3 from top half). 

GokmZ1X.png

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, I think we know we couldn’t continue the form we were on :lol:

:lol:

I've delved into the stats, and I'm afraid winning once every 15 games is not form likely to lead to survival. At this rate we'll win 2 or, possibly 3, games in the season, which I'm hearing probably won't be enough.

(nee offence goerdie_b :lol:)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 minutes ago, STM said:

We need 1 point more or better goal difference than the side in 18th. That's it.

Exactly. Basically doing 4 points better than Watford, and 1 point better than Burnley across the next 23 games will keep us up. And/or a few more points over another team that gets dragged in. And it doesn't really matter how those points are spread out over the games.

Think we are going to have to take 4 points from Leicester, Man u and Everton before Xmas, hopefully more to realistically be still in with a chance. Going to have to go on a run straight after that also so still going to be tough. 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I wonder how many points we would have if Howe had been manager since the start of the season 

We'd have at least another three wins. We were disgusting under Bruce yet weren't n that far off scoreline-wise. Plenty of average shite in the division, many of whom we've already played. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We'd have at least another three wins. We were disgusting under Bruce yet weren't n that far off scoreline-wise. Plenty of average shite in the division, many of whom we've already played. 

Have to think that Southampton, Watford and most likely Brighton & Leeds would have been wins under Howe

Having seen in a few games Howe Eddies team has galvanised (both club, city and fan base) the obvious signs of improvement on the pitch, with the January transfer window still to come with PIF backing and also after watching the documentary Minus 17.  If there is anyone that can do it, Eddie Howe and his team can. I’m all in on surviving the drop and building our great future from that magnificent history rewriting achievement.  Onwards and upwards. 
:indi: 

For what it's worth, I spent some time analysing the bottom teams for their predicted scores right until the last game.  I have a lot of time on my hands as I'm retired now.  Now this is not knee jerk from the Burnley victory but my own honest take on things.  I know it's difficult to be impartial when it comes to your own team but here goes.  This may surprise a lot of fans.

All I will tell you is which teams are going to finish below Newcastle (my formula was rather complex).  Five teams will finish below the Toon.  Brentford, Watford, Leeds, Burnley and Norwich.

Doesn't that make you feel better?

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

For what it's worth, I spent some time analysing the bottom teams for their predicted scores right until the last game.  I have a lot of time on my hands as I'm retired now.  Now this is not knee jerk from the Burnley victory but my own honest take on things.  I know it's difficult to be impartial when it comes to your own team but here goes.  This may surprise a lot of fans.

All I will tell you is which teams are going to finish below Newcastle (my formula was rather complex).  Five teams will finish below the Toon.  Brentford, Watford, Leeds, Burnley and Norwich.

Doesn't that make you feel better?

Any positivity to add to the growing confidence is fine by me 👍🏻