The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Looking forward to saving on my Dazn subscription.

That said I've said that 3 years in a row. 3rd times the charm.

It's not impossible and other teams are absolutely in the shit too, but every other team looks better than we do in games. New signings and a winning run of a few games and we can stay up. However we can't win 50/50's or a string more than 2 passes together contest at the minute. The damage has been done but it will be much worse after the next run of games.

I'm still somewhat upbeat to be honest, today was bad, but we've shown enough signs over the last 5 games we should be able to get out of it, only issue is our horrendous run of games until the new year. 

This club potentially has the world at its feet but we always have our own shit on our shoe.

Howe asked players to step up and show they deserve to stay with January coming up. It's clear very few of these players will bet on themselves. It is a massive problem. We can't replace as many as we clearly need to.

Unless we can buy a spine of leadership that can gel almost instantly it will be near impossible. If we can add 3/4 quality leadership figures to the starting lineup it might inspire a few. You won't get those types of players in January very easily and in our predicament. A CB, CM, attacker and fullback are very bare minimum 

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'm still somewhat upbeat to be honest, today was bad, but we've shown enough signs over the last 5 games we should be able to get out of it, only issue is our horrendous run of games until the new year. 

What signs really? We are shipping goals for fun. Making stupid mistakes every f game. 3 points against Burnley, but wow that has to be the minimum. We could have lost to Norwich but Dubravka saved us. Should have won against Brentford, but 3 goals at home? Every team is running past our midfield. We have the most stupid defenders in the league. Making mistakes and gifting goals. Its every game.

top 12 sides - write them off and anything else is a bonus.

From now to end of the season the battle is a mini league of 6-8 clubs.   Forget everything else.  its what we do against the teams in the mini league.   Next 3 games for us are wipes out - keep the score down and try to build on some performances.

Edited by Awaymag

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Cant see a single point from this lot. Watford (h) on the 15th, but we will be well adrift by then :lol: God, I fucking hate Bruce with our dreadful start to the season.

TBH it's only Liverpool and Man City that really, really concern me here. The other 3 we have a decent chance of getting something. 

No points from Liverpool or City. Then we have Man Utd at home over Xmas, Everton, Southampton away. We need minimum of 5 points, ideally 7 points from those 3 games.

Then it's 17 games remaining and we have time to make signings before Watford at home in mid Jan. We are in big trouble but 3 points behind isn't a total disaster.

I'm quite pessimistic today. That loss hit me hard, I really thought we had a brilliant opportunity to get something against a nervous, injury struck side. Instead, we got demolished and it's once again down to individual errors. But there always seems to be a fuck up every game. Clark against Norwich, Lascelles/Shelvey/Manq today, Darlow every time he played. It's a perfect storm for relegation, and I just can't see January saving us at the moment.

Us

Watford

Norwich

Burnley

Southampton

Leeds

Relegation league and I highly doubt Leeds are anywhere near as bad as us. Watford play decent stuff and are capable of an upset, same with Leeds. I've not seen that type of character in our squad at all this season. Our only saving grace is we can outspend each of these teams to finish above them, but I'm not convinced that's the best long term move for this club.

I suppose that leaves the loan market, splash on wages and see where the fuck that leaves us come May. Also, I absolutely think Howe is the manager that can keep us up, he did it with Bournemouth and didn't have the resources (money available) we do currently. 

Need to go big on 5 or 6 players in Jan or we're fucked. 

Thought we have a chance of a point today but got blown out if the water. Squad is horrendous, it's not Howe's fault but it is his problem and he solves it by removing half of the team and replacing it. He then needs to cross his fingers they all stay fit and we limp to about 34 points. It's a tall order. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Need to go big on 5 or 6 players in Jan or we're fucked. 

Thought we have a chance of a point today but got blown out if the water. Squad is horrendous, it's not Howe's fault but it is his problem and he solves it by removing half of the team and replacing it. He then needs to cross his fingers they all stay fit and we limp to about 34 points. It's a tall order. 

Good job it appears we have all of our ducks in a row ahead of the January window opening then…