The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Think it’s around an 8 now, the PL is brutal this year. Even teams who aren’t that good seem to have far better tools than us, especially in key areas like CB and CM. 

We have improved a bit but we still have fundamentally poor players in key positions. Keep thinking of what Rafa got out of some of them, but that was years ago now. 

Obviously we have the advantage of lots of money, so it’s not certain. But we need a big big big turnaround. 

Guest reefatoon
6 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Just a little trip to Anfield first..

We could have done with keeping the goal difference down today before those two matches, but no, we are Newcastle United so decided to ship in 4.

I think there’s enough talent in the squad to stay up but not enough heart or end product. ASM has gone from being one of the best players in the league to a shadow of himself.

If we go down, we go down. We’re still shot of Ashley and there is hope. People need to stop acting like it’s the end of the fucking world. 

Absolutely dreading the next 2 games. Can quite easily see a 4 or 5-0 in both.

Have no idea how this shower of shit could even lay a glove on Liverpool/City reserve sides, let alone a first 11.

Edited by toon25

Park the bus for the next three games and try to get a couple of draws.

Dubs

Schar

Manquillo I Lascelles Fernandez Lewis

Hayden Shelvey

Joelinton        Willock          Almiron

Wilson

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

Park the bus for the next three games and try to get a couple of draws.

Dubs

Schar

Manquillo I Lascelles Fernandez Lewis

Hayden Shelvey

Joelinton        Willock          Almiron

Wilson

Think the refs might notice we're playing with 12 unfortunately 

Getting through this month will need some sort of new thinking with regards to personel and positions since it's clear that the current CM partnership/s will see us absolutely fucking botted for the foreseeable.

I'm all for considering Joelinton as a makeshift if it means Willock/Shelvey fucked off and Fraser coming in on the wing.

Just now, toon25 said:

Getting through this month will need some sort of new thinking with regards to personel and positions since it's clear that the current CM partnership/s will see us absolutely fucking botted for the foreseeable.

I'm all for considering Joelinton as a makeshift if it means Willock/Shelvey fucked off and Fraser coming in on the wing.

We need a miracle 

6 players in minimum to have a chance in hell to actually survive this. Question is who would be brave/stupid/crazy enough to come to circus Newcastle as we are now?

It's not looking too hot for survival and if we do it's going to be right at the curtain fall for us, cause what we have now are not up to the task at all and it's not getting any better. 

The Leicester team was there for the taking, they were horrible until the dive from Maddison, but no protests no nothing shows to me that there is no fight or will in this so called team of football players.

And if they are mentally signed out for defeat and relegation, well then that's 100% what we will get.

Edited by worthy
Added more

Wasn't expecting a win today but just the performance and attitude of some players have made it even clearer to me that I can't see us being able to stay up. Maybe if we got some serious players in January but can't see enough quality joining and even then they would need to hit the ground running. Still not even sure Howe knows his best starting 11. Next few games are going to dent the confidence even more. As said was never expecting 3 points but this team needs a serious overhaul and going to take more than January to see any real improvement in my opinion.

The fact is that the quality and money spent in the premiership and top end of the championship has been increasing year on year. English football is so competitive now that the top championship teams are also spending big and have premier league quality squads, meaning when they come up they are already better than us. 

We on the other hand have stagnated. We managed to get away with it for years but it has now finally caught up with us. What we are seeing now is the result of years of neglect and poor management. 

I honestly don't think we are going to stay up this year. Even buying 7 or 8 players in January it may be too late. It will take time to form a team from those signings. 

I am not worried about being relegated as I know we will come straight back up. I am starting to think it may actually be the best thing for us. We talk about the takeover as a new beginning but maybe going back down, clearing out the deadwood, getting the place buzzing winning every week, coming back up on a high and building a squad to challenge might be real new start. Hopefully come roaring back into the premier league like under KK!

Also I would rather we didn't panic buy in January and get short term signings in the hope of staying up who end up stinking the place out. We need to focus long term. 

Edited by Bintang

3 hours ago, HWTL said:

Wasn't expecting a win today but just the performance and attitude of some players have made it even clearer to me that I can't see us being able to stay up. Maybe if we got some serious players in January but can't see enough quality joining and even then they would need to hit the ground running. Still not even sure Howe knows his best starting 11. Next few games are going to dent the confidence even more. As said was never expecting 3 points but this team needs a serious overhaul and going to take more than January to see any real improvement in my opinion.

There isn’t a best 11 to know really , 8 of them at least need binned , in truth only Wilson I’d keep,  the rest , all of them I’d fuck right off .

The attitude of the players in the last game has me at 8. We showed a lot more fight last time we went down. Players just seemed… apathetic, checked out. It doesn’t bode well for Howe, as it means some of them aren’t buying into whatever he’s been trying to implement. Either way, worrying, desperate times. 

Despite how good Eddie is at juggling shit, he's going to be left with shit on his hands. 

It's honestly sad how lower Champ/League 1 Bruce and Ashley have left us with. 

No player in our squad could get in any side that isn't fighting the drop. 

Watford would take Dubravka as Foster is now fucked.

Would Rafa take ASM over Gray/Gordon?

We've a squad filled with highly paid Burton Albion players - minus a few signings, that woul

Edited by AC Jimbo

11 minutes ago, AC Jimbo said:

Despite how good Eddie is at juggling shit, he's going to be left with shit on his hands. 

It's honestly sad how lower Champ/League 1 Bruce and Ashley have left us with. 

No player in our squad could get in any side that isn't fighting the drop. 

Watford would take Dubravka as Foster is now fucked.

Would Rafa take ASM over Gray/Gordon?

We've a squad filled with highly paid Burton Albion players - minus a few signings, that woul

I mean the squad isn't in the greatest shape, but this is a touch overdramatic :lol:

1 hour ago, DJ_NUFC said:

The attitude of the players in the last game has me at 8. We showed a lot more fight last time we went down. Players just seemed… apathetic, checked out. It doesn’t bode well for Howe, as it means some of them aren’t buying into whatever he’s been trying to implement. Either way, worrying, desperate times. 

I think some of them might be thinking what's the point of running ourselves into the ground if we are getting replaced in the next 12 months anyway? They aren't daft, most of them will know the new ownership means their days are numbered. 

There's a good 5/6 teams that will absolutely be down there for most of the season like and we have the most in our favour to overcome relegation.

Leeds battered 7-0, showing the sheer disparity between the top 6/7 and the bottom 5/6. Same goes for us with Leicester and as will be seen in many a game across the season, none less so than our upcoming 2 games (potentially).

Yet, all of the teams will be looking over their shoulder nervously at Newcastle come January. Obviously, we have cash. Howe-ever we have positivity. That will be our strongest weapon and a hope and belief that we can do it. For all I hear "Oh it's too late" "Oh it's not been done before", it just shows tonight that we're not alone.

Can you imagine Norwich, Burnley et al? Their fans won't be writing us off. Not in the slightest. For that reason alone, we absolutely shouldn't be. Yet, with positivity, a bit of cash and everyone pulling together, I think safety can be a certainty, if we build a siege mentality, stick together and play our cards right. 

Edited by Heron