The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Back to Matt fucking Ritchie at left back aswell for next few games. 

Unlikely to pick up anything before transfer window opens, going into Jan on 10 points is a mountain to climb.

We really are now relying on other teams having a shit December, or Covid giving us a reprieve.

We needed to be on 15 points at turn of the year for me. These players have let the new owners and fans down massively, the sooner most of them are slung out the fucking door the better. 

Bad take IMO. Cannot even be arsed to be constructive with it. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was more encouraged than discouraged tonight for some reason. Shame we didn’t play this committed against Leicester or we’d have another 3 points. 

Massive task of course. But while the gap is manageable, the gap is manageable. 

Agreed.

It's a learning curve. Tonight showed me we'd learned from Leicester. Howe took possibly unpopular decisions and again we learned (and almost knicked a draw). 

If we do go down I'm at least feeling alot more comfortable about our future now then I was a few months ago when we were certain to go down with Bruce at the helm. 

And as bad as we've been the other clubs in the tail end of the table won't be writing us off just yet knowing we could look completely different by the end of January.

Think Leeds are in a lot of trouble now. Arsenal and Liverpool next and their squad is really small and crippled with injuries already. 

We play them January 22nd and I reckon we'll be above them come the end of the match. 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Think Leeds are in a lot of trouble now. Arsenal and Liverpool next and their squad is really small and crippled with injuries already. 

We play them January 22nd and I reckon we'll be above them come the end of the match. 

Leeds, as you say, but Watford are also pretty vulnerable and Brentford are an injury or two away from being seriously exposed. Plus Norwich and Burnley - there's a lot of dross that we should rise above after the transfer window.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was more encouraged than discouraged tonight for some reason. Shame we didn’t play this committed against Leicester or we’d have another 3 points. 

Massive task of course. But while the gap is manageable, the gap is manageable. 

It was an encouraging performance. We seem to have addressed whatever led to the collapse against Leicester, for now, and we can take confidence from the performance, if not the result. The controversies surrounding Jasper Carrot will hopefully strengthen our resolve, at least Howe will inspire that. Unlike Steve - Woe is me - Bruce.

5 hours ago, Heron said:

Bad take IMO. Cannot even be arsed to be constructive with it. 

It’s an honest take and history tells us if we’re on 10 points come the 1st January we’ve got a mountain to climb.

The transfer window gives us one last chance, but let’s be honest even with these owners it’s going to have to be some transfer window.

We literally need a whole new back 4 and central midfield. Not to mention a top class striker if we want to insure against Wilson being injured.

The lack of football intelligence in this squad is a major issue, highlighted by individual errors in every game.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s an honest take and history tells us if we’re on 10 points come the 1st January we’ve got a mountain to climb.

The transfer window gives us one last chance, but let’s be honest even with these owners it’s going to have to be some transfer window.

We literally need a whole new back 4 and central midfield. Not to mention a top class striker if we want to insure against Wilson being injured.

The lack of football intelligence in this squad is a major issue, highlighted by individual errors in every game.

Ner you're probably right on needing players etc but I just think saying the players have let the fans and new owners down is bollocks like. They've done nowt but graft since Howe came in. If they're not good enough, that's not necessarily their fault... 

Guest reefatoon
10 hours ago, toon25 said:

This fucking hurts to say this, but we need to go down. A complete refresh of this utter bunch of fuckwits is needed.

Far too many individual errors cost time and time again.

How will a refresh happen if we go down? We will more than likely stick with the majority of them if we do go down as they are mainly championship players. We need to stay up for a complete refresh.

57 minutes ago, Heron said:

Ner you're probably right on needing players etc but I just think saying the players have let the fans and new owners down is bollocks like. They've done nowt but graft since Howe came in. If they're not good enough, that's not necessarily their fault... 

Just pissed off with some in the current team and the constant mistakes. Possibly harsh from me and ability is definitely the overriding problem.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Just pissed off with some in the current team and the constant mistakes. Possibly harsh from me and ability is definitely the overriding problem.

Aye, :thup:

TBH mate I think everyone knows your Shelveys, Ritchies, etc. Have had their day but they're grafting and for me that's all I ask at present. They should cut out the stupid mistakes at that level of seniority like...

Good sides force mistakes though, Shelveys pass back last night should have been hoofed in touch instead but it's easy to say in hindsight on from the TV. In reality, their intensity and high press won them that goal. 

I just feel we're being let down when players aren't trying. 

I know, I know, Liverpool away, City at home… Games are running out and ultimately, in our position we will need to be able to grind out a surprise result here or there. So far (even under Howe) we’re not exactly beating those around us with conviction either. I think we can all see that we have improved in general play, but our downfall is still the same: we are tragically bad at defending, absolutely chronic.

We’re going to need one hell of a January transfer window and a fair slice of luck to stay up. out only saving grace is how bad some of the other teams in the division are doing.

8/10