The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

The bottom of the league is tight, with two of the places already look like they have been taken by Forrest and Southampton. 

I think West Ham will pick up as soon as they are out  of their European competition. 

10 hours ago, Tiresias said:

West Ham are weird, they have been excellent last few seasons despite expectations,  something has completely unbalanced them. Maybe reversion to the norm, maybe  some players were over performing, but also Rice now has to be involved with everything and a bit of me thinks they were better when he was defensice mid and Soucek was the one that wenf forward, the latter now drops deep to allow Rice to go forward and England's golden boy isn't actually as good. 

For the record I think Rice is excellent at many things but wonder if it's gone to his head somewhat. 

This is ultimately what I keep coming back to with Moyes' West Ham. :lol: It was weird that they re-appointed him, weird that they had such a great season, now weird that they've suddenly massively regressed. 

The bottom of the league is really tight at the moment, I know it tends to get congested during the mid-season before the truly shite show their colours towards the end, but it feels like any of the bottom 7/8 teams could go down at the moment. Only three points separate Leicester in 13th and Wolves in 19th.

So glad we got our act together :lol:

On 31/12/2022 at 09:40, Yorkie said:

This is ultimately what I keep coming back to with Moyes' West Ham. :lol: It was weird that they re-appointed him, weird that they had such a great season, now weird that they've suddenly massively regressed. 

Was two great seasons. 6th in 2021 and 7th with a Europa semi in 2022.

Probably just gone a bit stale.

Edited by ponsaelius

On 28/12/2022 at 03:50, SteV said:

The problem with sacking Lampard, and hiring someone to ‘keep them up’, is that it’ll be another hefty contract payout for them. 

As our friends up the road found out, once you get into this cycle of hiring, firing, payout, you eventually reach a point where it eats into your transfer budget to such an extent you end up with nothing, like they found themselves with under Moyes.

Tbf to Everton they’ve still got a few very sellable assets in Pickford, Gordon and DCL (injuries permitting). But if you keep having to flog the family silver…

Pickford I get, England keeper etc but the other two, especially at the prices that were quoted around in the summer are a mystery to me. DCL has demonstrable ability in the past but he's made from tissue paper and toothpicks and Gordon, without serious future coaching, is utter shite, hasn't done anything this season. Weren't Chelsea linked at something like 50m? :lol:

34 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Pickford I get, England keeper etc but the other two, especially at the prices that were quoted around in the summer are a mystery to me. DCL has demonstrable ability in the past but he's made from tissue paper and toothpicks and Gordon, without serious future coaching, is utter shite, hasn't done anything this season. Weren't Chelsea linked at something like 50m? :lol:

They’ve both probably lost a bit of value since the summer. Still, if they were to sell either this month they’d probably get a decent fee. More than enough to pay up Frank’s contract and get Dyche in anyway.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

They’ve both probably lost a bit of value since the summer. Still, if they were to sell either this month they’d probably get a decent fee. More than enough to pay up Frank’s contract and get Dyche in anyway.

Actually thought Gordon wasn't even getting games for them anymore, it's been so quiet about him since the summer, but apparently he does. 3 league goals and no assists from him so far this season, guess it's not terrible numbers from midfield in a struggling team, but his value must've dropped massively this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Lovely. My wishes this season were to not remotely worry about relegation, finish top half and a good cup run. Nice to have that boxed off by February.

I was just thinking about digging up the preseason thread, where we were all talking about how finishing 9th would be spectacular.

Some things have fucking happened since then huh?

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Southampton look fucked. Need to eject the valley dweller and bring someone in asap. There's a very good squad there, someone decent could really turn it around. Enough pace for Bielsa? 

James Ward-Prowse at 50% off

Twin Peaks Rubbing Hands Together GIF

In the 3 games against Southampton this season. I thought Ward-Prowse offered fuck all in open play. Really didn’t impress me or seem to do anything much at all. 

Lavia, Edozie and Salisu would all be decent buys, I reckon. Although Lavia has an option to go back to City, I think. 

• 1 month later...