The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Mathematically still possible but this was with all the teams below us winning every game (including against City and Liverpool) and us losing every game.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 18.21.16.png

I'm giving 5000/1 if anyone is interested 😄

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

Someone on Twitter saying if we finish 9th and West Ham and Leicester both win Europa Cups we qualify for Europe, gorra be bollocks that surely :lol:

I thought there was more chance based on domestic cup winners than Europe. I thought they'd closed the loopholes on European wins causing a pile up of additional teams from a country?

I'd be more than delighted to be proven wrong. 

31 minutes ago, midds said:

538 make Everton slight favourites to go now, 44% vs 42% and down on GD. Leeds the outside bet at 15%, all others safe. 

Did not expect this!  Still have Everton as "too good on paper to go down."

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I thought there was more chance based on domestic cup winners than Europe. I thought they'd closed the loopholes on European wins causing a pile up of additional teams from a country?

I'd be more than delighted to be proven wrong. 

Sorry but I think you are right.

There is a limit on the number of teams in Europe from one country.

I seem to remember two English team winning arsenal and someone else and it ended up fhat the winner of the Belgium Cup was entered into Europe.

1 minute ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Sorry but I think you are right.

There is a limit on the number of teams in Europe from one country.

I seem to remember two English team winning arsenal and someone else and it ended up fhat the winner of the Belgium Cup was entered into Europe.

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

I've tried reading the Europe section multiple times and it just keeps confusing me more and more. :lol:

I feel like absolute best case scenario, if everything falls in to place Europe could reach 8th? But I think I might be trying to see something that's not there and it's actually 7th.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wanted to know how long we have left till potential relegation 😂😂

Wont be a term we will be using for a long long time, were on the cusp of magical times, cups, titles, European nights (been to several & they are unforgettable) enjoy the ride my pal, its going to be incredible 

It just shows how fortunes can change quickly at this stage. Loads were saying 'Burnley have only won 3 of their first 28 games, they're not suddenly going to win xxx...', and here they are with 3 wins and 10 points from their last 5 matches. Hopefully they can get a few more, and I'd like a Leeds win tomorrow as well.

Everton remaining fixtures:
Chelsea (h)
Leicester (a)
Watford (a)
Brentford (h)
Palace (h)
Arsenal (a)

Burnley Remaining fixtures 
Watford (a)
Villa (h)
Spurs (a)
Villa (a)
Newcastle (h)

Can see Everton picking up more point comfortably to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Everton remaining fixtures:
Chelsea (h)
Leicester (a)
Watford (a)
Brentford (h)
Palace (h)
Arsenal (a)

Burnley Remaining fixtures 
Watford (a)
Villa (h)
Spurs (a)
Villa (a)
Newcastle (h)

Can see Everton picking up more point comfortably to be honest. 

Leeds have some awful fixtures and only 4 points adrift. 

On 23/04/2022 at 18:22, Skeletor said:

Mathematically still possible but this was with all the teams below us winning every game (including against City and Liverpool) and us losing every game.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 18.21.16.png

All the teams below us can’t possibly win all their games because they have to play each other in some cases? 

Can easily see Burnley picking up 4/6 points from Watford and Villa. Everton if they lose both games to Chelsea /Leicester they could be like 6 or 7 points adrift. Unfortunately it never pans out like that and I think Everton will get 1 win from Chelsea or Leicester 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

As if Burnley and villa have yet to play each other this season 😂

Just noticed that as well. Must be a first in football history that 2 teams still haven't played each other into May 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

It just shows how fortunes can change quickly at this stage. Loads were saying 'Burnley have only won 3 of their first 28 games, they're not suddenly going to win xxx...', and here they are with 3 wins and 10 points from their last 5 matches. Hopefully they can get a few more, and I'd like a Leeds win tomorrow as well.

True, but no one saw a change of manager coming. It can make all the difference.