The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Whilst we may not be "mathematically" safe we are statistically safe.

A bit like when we play Liverpool it will be mathematically possible for us to win 25-0, but statistically impossible. It's not going to happen.

40 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I think Everton will do Chelsea next week, bit like us and Man United and also the Lampard-Chelsea story.

Burnley must beat Watford.

Yeah definitely think Everton will get something out of Chelsea. They also have a horrible (recent) record at Goodison.

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

I think Everton will do Chelsea next week, bit like us and Man United and also the Lampard-Chelsea story.

Burnley must beat Watford.

Looking on their forum, it seems that Leeds are considered the ones to catch now. No idea how feasible it is.

11 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Looking on their forum, it seems that Leeds are considered the ones to catch now. No idea how feasible it is.

If Leeds win tonight, then they are 7 points clear of Everton.

Feels like Everton are the team in freefall and Burnley are fighting their way out. Not sure how I feel about that, while it would be funny to see Lampard take them down after they stitched up Rafa, I really don't like Burnley.

Burnley will be disappointed to not get to 37 points. They could easily be on 37 points by the time they play us and you’d fancy us to roll over for them.  

Everton have good fixtures but they’re just so bad. 

Leeds have tougher fixtures and the worst goal difference. Tonight’s game is mammoth. 

Really looking forward to tonight's game to see how Leeds react.

It will basically decide if relegation is to be a two way handbag fight between Everton and Burnley or a 3 way shoot out, spaghetti Western style.

The Shit, the Bad and the Ugly.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Feels like Everton are the team in freefall and Burnley are fighting their way out. Not sure how I feel about that, while it would be funny to see Lampard take them down after they stitched up Rafa, I really don't like Burnley.

Everton have a few players worth at least considering. And potentially could be a rival in the short term in the league for new signings at least. Also significantly close the gap on the all time points list. 

Funnily enough Leeds and Blackburn are lower than us on the all time list but still have a positive goal difference.  

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Burnley will be disappointed to not get to 37 points. They could easily be on 37 points by the time they play us and you’d fancy us to roll over for them.  

Everton have good fixtures but they’re just so bad. 

Leeds have tougher fixtures and the worst goal difference. Tonight’s game is mammoth. 

I wouldn’t fancy us to roll over for them at all tbh 

It's a shame that Watford and Norwixh are pretty much gone already, would've been nice to go into the last 2/3 games of the season and see all three teams down there still fighting to stay up. 

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It's a shame that Watford and Norwixh are pretty much gone already, would've been nice to go into the last 2/3 games of the season and see all three teams down there still fighting to stay up. 

Things you didn’t expect to read in January. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Everton have a few players worth at least considering. And potentially could be a rival in the short term in the league for new signings at least. Also significantly close the gap on the all time points list. 

Funnily enough Leeds and Blackburn are lower than us on the all time list but still have a positive goal difference.  

No chance that Everton are rivals to us in any signings. They’re fucked under FFP as it is- they won’t be splashing out much cash going forward, and certainly not on the value of players we will be pursuing. 

I don’t think Leeds’ run in is actually that bad. Loads of people saying Everton will get something from Chelsea but Leeds have exactly the same fixture and are always up for that game.

Arsenal are easily capable of dropping points and their last two are both winnable. 

I reckon they’ll get at least another 6 points. Not sure where Everton are going to get 11+ from.

Alot of people were scoffing at the fact that we would need 40pts to stay up but with every gameweek that goes by it's looking like whoever finishes 17th will need something extremely close to 40.

Burnley have 31 now with 5 games to go. No reason they couldn't get 7 points from those 5 considering their form, so if someone wants to finish above Burnley I'd say they need 38pts minimum. 

Yeah I seem to remember getting a bit of jip for even suggesting Burnley might get to 36. There is always a chance that teams down the bottom put runs together near the end of the season. There is every chance Burnley/Everton push each other and raise the threshold right up now. I am very glad we are well out of it with our last 4 games.

People were laughing at the notion we were still in trouble post-Wolves because it would have required i) us not to win any more games ii) Burnley, Leeds and Everton to all overhaul us.

I'll still be suprised if 36 points isn't enough. Burnley might hit that now, but it required a change in manager.

My first memory is the 1974 cup final. We were shit. 
I can’t recall anything approaching this season. All due respect to KK but this was a bigger task. And it’s not just based on emotion and brilliant man management. The future is very fucking bright.