The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

402 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

19 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think it's because the next 2 are clubs near to us plus 6 points from those 2 should mean even if we get nowt from December, then come January we shouldn't be too far adrift 

12 points from 19 games would put us on what 17th place are on right now...

Edit: having said that, I think Leeds fixture list is equally minging tbf 

Edited by Thumbheed

8 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

4 points are a must from Norwich + Burnley but I'm chilled with this relegation compared to the last two - we've got rid of Bruce, we've got rid of Ashley. In 5 years time we'll be in a better position than what it'd be like under those twats.

The sad thing is there will be a few supporters getting on now who've never seen us win anything and won't be here in 5 years time. Fingers crossed I've got another 30 years or so but you never know what the future holds in store for some of us.......

1 minute ago, Beth said:

The sad thing is there will be a few supporters getting on now who've never seen us win anything and won't be here in 5 years time. Fingers crossed I've got another 30 years or so but you never know what the future holds in store for some of us.......

I’m 34 and was dreaming of a trophy before I’m 40. I don’t know why 40 years old is significant, I was just being realistic when takeover happened and giving the new guys five years to turn things around. Relegation would be a set back for sure and I’m clinging to any hope that we can still turn this whole thing around 

10 minutes ago, Beth said:

My Dad saw the Fairs cup win in 69 and continued to go all the way through till Rafa left. He`s 85 now and not in great health. I`m desperate for him to see some of the (hopefully) good times coming our way

Any manager will say you take each game at time, whoever's got what grueling December fixture pile up, versus four so called top six sides etc? It shouldn't matter, theres going to be hiccups along the way for all sides, players lost through injuries, bans, sudden loss of form.

We need to concentrate on the game ahead, we also have a first transfer window with opportunity in over a decade. 

I'm not worried about Norwich or Burnley, I'd hope we beat them obviously, but I'm not convinced those games define our season.

I'm not sure in the worst case, of Relegation, it's the end of the world, it could literally be the clean slate the owners and manager might need, and it will give them plenty of time to get absolutely everything in place to go forward.

The scaremongering of the PIF will flog us, is ludicrous, they would have had to consider relegation a possibility upon purchase. 

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The problem with relegation in just the lost time. It could easily take 2-3 seasons to get back up. 

So we went down twice with Mike Ashley, won the title and automatically promoted on both occasions. 

Where are you getting 2/3 seasons from?

Just now, mighty__mag said:

So we went down twice with Mike Ashley, won the title and automatically promoted on both occasions. 

Where are you getting 2/3 seasons from?

Well I mean, nobody can guarantee the future. It’s by no means certain we’ll come straight back up, so there’s 2. Just an estimate. 

We only know of two relegations from the PL, and we know we won and returned at both times of asking.

The owners are minted, and they would literally do what Ashley did, but better, retain some experience in the squad, and add to it.

I cant predict the future, but from previous facts, I'd suggest we'd piss the Championship with these lot behind us.

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

We only know of two relegations from the PL, and we know we won and returned at both times of asking.

The owners are minted, and they would literally do what Ashley did, but better, retain some experience in the squad, and add to it.

I cant predict the future, but from previous facts, I'd suggest we'd piss the Championship with these lot behind us.

HMS piss the league.

10 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Considering our lowest ever finish in the PL era is first in the second tier (three times), it would be pretty sad if we broke that record as the richest club in the world!

But we won't be relegated, so that record will be safe for a long time to come.

18 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well I mean, nobody can guarantee the future. It’s by no means certain we’ll come straight back up, so there’s 2. Just an estimate. 

Even if we do come straight back up, it still sets you back 2-3 years. Having to assemble a squad that will come up and then add to a newly promoted side. Bollocks to that.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even if we do come straight back up, it still sets you back 2-3 years. Having to assemble a squad that will come up and then add to a newly promoted side. Bollocks to that.

We already have half of a squad that needs replacing anyways, defence isn't even good enough to win the championship if you ask me and midfield needs looked at, we need better cover and options going forward, so big job over next few years no matter what happens but I'd prefer to do it from the Premier.

In some ways, going down could be a blessing. If we load the team with talented youngsters instead of journeyman at end of career, that could give a great boost. Could give the new team time to settle and build confidence

Not saying I want to go down, but it just wont be end of the world

Edited by arnonel

23 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

It's an interesting notion, being that supremely confident in our new owners and their motivations and willingness to invest, let alone the underlying presumption that they wouldn't perhaps look to sell the club off if we got relegated, especially if it looked like we'd not get back up at the first attempt. A lot of pretty big assumptions bouncing around at the moment, based on the size of the owner's wallets. We still know next to nothing about their real views of their new investment, its potential and the sorts of returns they want out of it. 

5 hours ago, GM said:

It's an interesting notion, being that supremely confident in our new owners and their motivations and willingness to invest, let alone the underlying presumption that they wouldn't perhaps look to sell the club off if we got relegated, especially if it looked like we'd not get back up at the first attempt. A lot of pretty big assumptions bouncing around at the moment, based on the size of the owner's wallets. We still know next to nothing about their real views of their new investment, its potential and the sorts of returns they want out of it. 

Wouldn't say I'm supremely confident, I'd say though, if a fucking Whopper like Mike Ashley can see that a swift return to the PL is good business, I'm confident these guys would. And besides nobody would buy us, these are hardly gonna sell at a loss.

In summary, you think we dont know enough about these guys.

Four years, yep four years spent trying to obtain us, I'm sure it wasn't a rash decision like Ashley who admittedly didn't really know what he was getting himself into, but still he got stuck with us for 14 years? 

And you're not sure, if these people will sell after 12 months?

👍🏻

Edited by mighty__mag

One plus about having a horror fixture list in December is that there will be less expectancy. Basically any points we get will be seen as a bonus so hopefully that will free up the players pschologically to give it a good go. 

17 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Well until all three owners come out and say that 100% they wouldn't sell the club if we get relegated, it's always a possibility.

No it's not. They didn't wait several years and loads of legal action to sell us a few months later.