Newcastle United vs. Norwich City: 30/11/21 @ 19:30 (Live on Amazon Prime)

South-Cheshire-Toon

Saw their game on Saturday. They're solid, defend well, and can pass the ball around. They lack a cutting edge up front, but there's no doubt they play as a unit and have a general sense of what they're trying to do.

EH is still trying to get across his message to our lot and the defence is absolute shite, so struggle to see anything beyond a score draw at this stage.

We've managed to score two or more, in four of six home games this season, against far better sides than Norwich. I don't think scoring goals is going to be the issue...

For what its worth, this is the big one for me. I think if we beat Norwich, morale will return and we'll go on to beat Burnley as well.

100% must win.  Not just for survival but this run has been horrific and every next game without a win is compounding the problem massively. 

Front foot, yes - not that we were against Arsenal - that looked like a return to bruceball for much of it.. 

He really has to sort this defense out.  5 at the back is a mess. 4-2-3-1 please.  Just not sure we have the plays for the "2".... Hayden and Shelvey I suppose. 

ASM would be the issue in that formation, unless you play him in the central role behind Wilson.  I just dont think he works hard enough going back (when played wide), which unfortunately we need at the moment, he lets his man go far to often. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don't think we really played 3-4-3 on Saturday. Ritchie was left back and Krath right back in a 4 for the majority. It was 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 for most of it.

Aye, but have a feeling we might go for something similar to what we saw v Brentford.

Dubs

Manquillo   Schar   Lascelles    Lewis

Hayden

Willock             Shelvey

Joelinton / Almiron                    ASM

Wilson

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Dubs

Manquillo   Schar   Lascelles    Lewis

Hayden

Willock             Shelvey

Joelinton / Almiron                    ASM

Wilson

Lascelles is banned 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don't think we really played 3-4-3 on Saturday. Ritchie was left back and Krath right back in a 4 for the majority. It was 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 for most of it.

We definitely played a back 4. We only went 3-4-3 when we went 2 down.

2 hours ago, toon25 said:

Saw their game on Saturday. They're solid, defend well, and can pass the ball around. They lack a cutting edge up front, but there's no doubt they play as a unit and have a general sense of what they're trying to do.

EH is still trying to get across his message to our lot and the defence is absolute shite, so struggle to see anything beyond a score draw at this stage.

Howe needs to stick to what he knows and pick a side that will get after Norwich. Anyone who is struggling to understand needs to be replaced by someone who gets it. If Fraser starts then he has to play further forward. He's producing fuck all from left wing back. Personally I'd keep him on the bench as a potential goal scoring sub if we need a goal.