Newcastle United vs. Norwich City: 30/11/21 @ 19:30 (Live on Amazon Prime)

South-Cheshire-Toon

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If he sticks with the 3-4-3 that worked v Brentford I'd go; Dubravka, Schar, Fernandez, Clark ( :anguish: ), Fraser, Shelvey, Hayden, Lewis, Joelinton, Wilson, Maxi

Could swap out Fraser for Manquillo tbh but that might be a tad too defensive. We're at home to Norwich City at the end of they day, we have to win. Murphy is an option too but he was one of the poorest overall v Brentford in what was a good team performance. Lewis needs to grasp this chance should he get it. I really like Joe Willock and think he will come good eventually but he may need to take a back seat for these games. We simply have to pick up 6 points in these 2 games and we can't afford any passengers or anyone that looks like being a passenger.

I think I'd rather we gave an opportunity to an academy player than keep Clark in there. Him and Ritchie are just way too error-prone.

1 minute ago, Carlito said:

I think I'd rather we gave an opportunity to an academy player than keep Clark in there. Him and Ritchie are just way too error-prone.

Same tbh. Feel the only reason he's getting in the side is because he's the only fit left footed centre half we have. We need Dummett back like, as saddening as it is to say. :lol:

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

If we attack like we did v. Brentford that'll surely be enough - Krul is hopeless and flaps at everything. Hopefully he chucks a load in his own net and doesn't have a Spurs like blinder that he did for us in 13/14.

Had a stinker at home to Spurs in the same season, 3 of their goals were parried from Krul into the path of a Spurs player. What a grim fucking night that was :lol:

I refuse to believe Lewis can be any worse defensively than Ritchie at LB. Watched him the other night as part of the N Ireland defense that completely neutralized the Italians. Surely his recovery pace alone will help mask a lot of our deficiencies down the left flank.

I'd like to see Hayden back in tomorrow. If we're playing 4-4-1-1 I just don't see how it works without Hayden.

Any 6 of Fraser, ASM, Shelvey, Wilock, Joelinton, Miggy, Murphy, Wilson can't play in the same team without a ball winner. We're not good enough to have all those offensive players on the pitch at the same time and not look wide open every time the opposition have the ball.

Given how we're all about high press, I don't see how Miggy and Hayden don't become almost automatic starters; they're our most aggressive pressers.

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1

Dubravka

Manquillo

Schar

Fede

Lewis

Hayden

Shelvey

Jo/Fraser

Miggy

ASM

Wilson

If we win this we'll beat Burnley. Honestly, the relief of getting the first win coupled with the momentum and confidence it would bring to the players and fans will be enormous to the point where we'll go into that Burnley game full of confidence of getting another 3 points. That'll carry on to a game we should not fear at all away at Leicester. Fail to win and we won't have that, at all. We simply have to win this. Absolutely bricking it.

8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We don’t really know that he doesn’t score goals from his correct position, do we? He’s barely ever played there. 

True, but he has had a run of games there. And had his best output there too. Then Bruce changed it again for no fucking reason. We went to 4-4-1-1 v Burnley at home in 19/20 (the last home game before COVID hit) having spent all season playing 5-4-1. Then he had a run of scoring. In the spoiler are highlights of games where he's played in the #10. And what a shock, he scored in almost all of them. :lol: That last one v Southampton is the last time he played there.

Spoiler