Newcastle United vs. Norwich City: 30/11/21 @ 19:30 (Live on Amazon Prime)

South-Cheshire-Toon

50 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Weighing up taking the youngin tonight. She's only 6 and has never been before.

Feel like this could be a game to potentially make or break her Newcastle supporting career. Could also fracture my marriage taking the bairn to a football match at 8pm on a school night.

:indi:

7.30pm should be alreet 😆 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Yep. I don't see any point in being in two minds about this, throw the kitchen sink at them and see how they like it. That will get the crowd going as well. 

We did that under McLaren when we beat them 6-2, we just went straight for them and they collapsed. 

Edited by HTT II

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

The crowd are going to be so important this evening, just roar them on and don’t get edgy if we are 1-0 down or not winning.

Players and crowd have got to think of this as 90 mins to batter Norwich. If they can survive that then fair play to them. I just hope we are fit enough to go at them for the full 90. If it was us trying to survive a full on assault under a hostile crowd, I wouldn't fancy it. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Players and crowd have got to think of this as 90 mins to batter Norwich. If they can survive that then fair play to them. I just hope we are fit enough to go at them for the full 90. If it was us trying to survive a full on assault under a hostile crowd, I wouldn't fancy it. 

Aye, I just hope we don’t rest up like you said and don’t engage them in some kind of cat and mouse type game plan. Just fucking go for them, they are as pony as we are, but we are at home.

41 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye, I just hope we don’t rest up like you said and don’t engage them in some kind of cat and mouse type game plan. Just fucking go for them, they are as pony as we are, but we are at home.

you have to remember this bunch of players have largely been on the retreat in every game they have played in 3 years at least , to change that mindset is not fucking easy [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

you have to remember this bunch of players have largely been on the retreat in every game they have played in 3 years at least , to change that mindset is not fucking easy [emoji38]

Did it for a chunk of time against Brentford, they can do it again.

Shit keeping and individual errors cost us the win against Brentford who are a step above Norwich. Dubs back, hopefully some more defensive coaching and 1 or 2 of the liabilities dropped and we should go in to this looking for the win. Anything less is unacceptable from all involved.

My money is on the draw. I honesty think we'll not win until next year.

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Weighing up taking the youngin tonight. She's only 6 and has never been before.

Feel like this could be a game to potentially make or break her Newcastle supporting career. Could also fracture my marriage taking the bairn to a football match at 8pm on a school night.

:indi:

Debated this myself but went for Burnley in the back of the gallowgate instead :lol: she's 9, gona drag her to the shak or somewhere beforehand.  It was the getting home at 10 on a school night that swayed me.

Hope you and the little'n enjoy it, unlikely but it'll be an experience nonetheless! 

25 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Shit keeping and individual errors cost us the win against Brentford who are a step above Norwich. Dubs back, hopefully some more defensive coaching and 1 or 2 of the liabilities dropped and we should go in to this looking for the win. Anything less is unacceptable from all involved.

My money is on the draw. I honesty think we'll not win until next year.

Agree with draw most likely, think the pressure will be too much for them tonight. I just can’t see us winning a game anytime soon.

Feel like this is the turning point, I think with the players out due to bans the players left out in the cold by blobby McChippyTits will step back in and make a difference at the back and we'll have too much going forward for Norwich.

Think it'll be a nervous 0-0 up to half time with the crowd getting edgy about missed chances. They'll get a dodgy penalty at the start of the second half then we'll score two late on to win it, through one of the player we hate, like Clark or Hendrick.

#don'tputmoneyonitthough