Newcastle United vs. Norwich City: 30/11/21 @ 19:30 (Live on Amazon Prime)

South-Cheshire-Toon

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Got to win the next 2. No excuses or we’re gone .

I don't think we'll win them both tbh. We haven't won in 13 games, getting two on the bounce all of a sudden seems unlikely. We need to start playing and stop thinking every game is a do or die. For all we know we might get unexpected points from the dreaded December fixtures. One game at a time, just need to put Norwich to the sword then worry about the next game after that. 

Just now, TRon said:

I don't think we'll win them both tbh. We haven't won in 13 games, getting two on the bounce all of a sudden seems unlikely. We need to start playing and stop thinking every game is a do or die. For all we know we might get unexpected points from the dreaded December fixtures. One game at a time, just need to put Norwich to the sword then worry about the next game after that. 

I don’t think we will but then again I think we’ll go down this season. Well not get any unexpected points, we never do when we need to. 

draw against norwich & Burnley is 11/1. Think that’s good odds as I can see both happening. 

Going to be so stressful, ugh, although if we manage to win the feeling of just that will be immense!

So typical of Newcastle to become the richest club around only for us to be on the cusp of being cut adrift and relegated. So damn frustrating.

In previous years when we've been really up against it towards the end of the season, we've managed to pull together and string good results. Just hope to god we have that fight deep inside somewhere.

I'm going with a 2-1 win. Fraser and ASM scoring.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wish we'd just go 4231 and get players in the right position rather than putting square pegs in round holes 

There must be a reason why every manager does this  though? I find it bizarre 

Trying to be too clever. Trying to fit a certain player in (Ritchie for example) when they can't do their old role anymore. Almiron at 10 is so simple and when Bruce actually did it for about 4 weeks we looked much better for it, yet we never ever play him there. 

7 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wish we'd just go 4231 and get players in the right position rather than putting square pegs in round holes 

The problem is that some of our players don't fit into any holes. They've spent two years playing all over the pitch and with the exception of the goalkeeper and Wilson you'd have difficulty saying what their natural position is

1 hour ago, xLiaaamx said:

Trying to be too clever. Trying to fit a certain player in (Ritchie for example) when they can't do their old role anymore. Almiron at 10 is so simple and when Bruce actually did it for about 4 weeks we looked much better for it, yet we never ever play him there. 

The only reason Almiron isn't starting games at 10 is because he doesn't score goals. When you are playing a target man who is also goal shy it becomes a case of diminishing returns for every forward on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

The only reason Almiron isn't starting games at 10 is because he doesn't score goals. When you are playing a target man who is also goal shy it becomes a case of diminishing returns for every forward on the pitch. 

We don’t really know that he doesn’t score goals from his correct position, do we? He’s barely ever played there. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We don’t really know that he doesn’t score goals from his correct position, do we? He’s barely ever played there. 

Just basing that on what I've seen of him when he does get in front of goal. He usually doesn't hit it that well, and is similar to Joelinton in that regard. I also read somewhere that he himself doesn't think of himself as a goalscorer. 

3 hours ago, Willow said:

So annoying how we used to be so good defensively with Rafa man, then Bruce pissed it all up the wall, probably literally

That might be due to the fact that they are 2 years older and they weren't young 2 years ago [emoji38]

31 minutes ago, Rich said:

Dubravka

Manquillo Schar Fernandez Lewis

Joelinton Shelvey Willock Saint-Max

Almiron

Wilson

Love that lineup - I think Miggy in place of Joe might happen (swapped) or Wee man wide with Joe as the second striker. 

If he sticks with the 3-4-3 that worked v Brentford I'd go; Dubravka, Schar, Fernandez, Clark ( :anguish: ), Fraser, Shelvey, Hayden, Lewis, Joelinton, Wilson, Maxi

Could swap out Fraser for Manquillo tbh but that might be a tad too defensive. We're at home to Norwich City at the end of they day, we have to win. Murphy is an option too but he was one of the poorest overall v Brentford in what was a good team performance. Lewis needs to grasp this chance should he get it. I really like Joe Willock and think he will come good eventually but he may need to take a back seat for these games. We simply have to pick up 6 points in these 2 games and we can't afford any passengers or anyone that looks like being a passenger.